Basketball fans … have definitely heard the term “dropping a dime”.
But what does it mean … and how did it originate?
In the game of basketball … an assist is registered when one player makes a pass to another … and that pass is integral to a basket being scored.
The saying is believed to have originated from the days before cell phones … (when you actually had to find a pay phone to make a call).
Back then, it cost 10 cents to make a phone call … and a person would often ask another for a dime. As such … giving someone a dime was, in essence – assisting them to make a phone call.
What does this have to do with Match and Fable’s latest role?
Nothing … really.
That said, if you’re an Operations Manager (with experience in 3PL + eCommerce) … Jordana Matsos may have a dime to drop – in your direction!
One of Canada’s most exciting startup environments in the 3PL space is hiring for an Operations Manager.
They’re in the midst of launching their second location … and need an individual experienced in e-Commerce.
Products include; electronics, sporting goods, cosmetics, health products, and general merchandise
Asset based ownership over warehouse.
Their values include; Reliability, Environmental Responsibility, Relationships and Flexibility
Growth-mindset of desiring to be the best in their space – across Canada.
POSITION: OPERATIONS MANAGER
REPORTING TO: VICE-PRESIDENT
INDUSTRY: WAREHOUSING / LOGISTICS / 3PL
- Maintain constant communication with management, staff, and vendors to ensure proper operations of the organization
- Develop, implement, and maintain quality assurance protocols
- Grow the efficiency of existing organizational processes and procedures to enhance and sustain the organization’s internal capacity
- Actively pursue strategic and operational objectives
- Ensure operational activities remain on time and within a defined budget
- Track staffing requirements, hiring new employees as needed
- Scale to other locations within Ontario – and beyond
- 5 years of experience in warehousing + operations
- Experience in structuring operational processes to get a new space up and running
- A collaborative, flexible and agile approach
- Experience working in an eCommerce environment
- Positive attitude and a go-getter – just make it work!
- WMS experience – 3PL Central would be ideal
BASE SALARY: $75,000 – $85,000
BONUS POTENTIAL: $7,500 – $12,750
ON-TARGET EARNINGS: $82,500 – $97,750
If you’re qualified for this role … here’s what happens next;
1. Email your resume to Jordana Matsos at; firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Ensure subject line reads; DROPPING DIMES – 2K20MTCHFBL
3. Based on the requirements listed … tell Jordana what makes you a legitimate contender.