You’ve heard the phrase … “let the cat out of the bag” … and you know it has to do with revealing a secret.
But where did it originate?
Well, back in the 1700’s, it was common practice for people to buy and sell piglets from one another – in bags.
Every so often … certain unscrupulous individuals would try and slip a few cats into the bag (as cats were worth far less than piglets) … to try and increase the profitability of their transaction!
Every now and then … a discerning buyer decided to verify their purchase.
When they opened the bag, the cats would leap out … and the scam was exposed!
What does this have to do with Match and Fable’s latest role?
Well … nothing really!
That said, if you’re an Operations Manager in London, Ontario (or open to relocating there) … Match and Fable’s Zafreen Kassam would love to reveal a little secret to you, as well!
POSITION: OPERATIONS MANAGER
REPORTS TO: REGIONAL MANAGER
OFFICE: LONDON, ONTARIO
Lead a high-performance team consisting of installation experts and skilled trades.
The primary goal is to mentor your team to overachieve in their objectives.
Reporting to the Regional Manager … and based from their London offices, you’ll handle the day-to-day leadership of 8-15 employees, including coaching and development.
- Lead and mentor a team of 8-15 service technicians in the London, Ontario region
- Ensure service quality standards and corporate targets are achieved monthly and maximize team’s efficiency – via direct coaching & interaction
- Secure new business by building on previous year’s results
- Develop strong relationships across all areas of the business
- Maximize portfolio growth through development of sales or customer service opportunities
- Business Degree (or equivalent work experience)
- 3+ years of successful operational leadership experience … managing a team of 8+
- Demonstrated ability to lead technical professionals, to achieve their full potential
- Plumbing background – a significant asset
- Ability to align individual objectives with corporate goals
- Introduce new initiatives for business development and maintain further growth
- Strong written & verbal communication skills along with self-awareness and emotional intelligence
BASE SALARY: $80,000 – $90,000
VARIABLE COMPENSATION: $16,000 – $18,000
OTE: $96,000 – $108,000
OTHER: mileage + rrsp + benefits + vacation + relocation costs, if necessary
There are 3 things we’ll need from you;
- Please send your resume to Zafreen at; email@example.com.
- Ensure the subject line of your email reads CAT IN THE BAG – 22K20
- In a short email … please tell Zafreen how your experience fits what we’ve outlined above.