In October 1974, in Zaire … 60,000 spectators gathered to watch George Foreman (the undefeated world heavyweight champion) and Muhammad Ali (the former champion) square off … in what is widely considered the greatest sporting event of the 20th century.
The fight, dubbed “The Rumble in the Jungle” … had Ali pegged as a 4-1 underdog!
Facing a physically superior competitor … Ali knew he had little chance of victory if he tried to simply trade blows with Foreman. As such, he had a secret plan … and as the second round commenced, Ali put the never before seen “Rope-a-Dope” plan into action.
Leaning back on the ropes and protecting his head, Ali allowed Foreman to punch at his arms and body.
Weathering a storm of punches … Ali would return a flurry of strategic shots – once Foreman had grown tired.
Foreman didn’t realize the amount of energy he was expending, all while landing largely ineffective strikes!
And, as the 8th round was winding down … Ali delivered a final flurry of punches to an energy-depleted Foreman … sending the fatigued champion to the canvas!
What does this have to do with Match and Fable’s latest role?
Not much, really.
That said, while our client isn’t looking for a prized pugilist … they are looking for an Account Manager who can deliver a knock out to the competitors in their territory!
Based from a home office (with a company vehicle and gas card) … the Account Manager will develop a geographic territory using a structured sales process … combined with true urgency.
The right candidate is experienced at quickly developing & strengthening client relationships.
This individual must have the ability to analyze client needs and present convincing, value-based solutions.
The Account Manager will own a list of approximately 100 OEM Auto Dealership accounts. These accounts range from OEM dealers who conduct minimal business with our client … to others who are virtually exclusive with their organization.
Given the account mix, the Account Manager will need to be proficient at nurturing current business, as well as strategic business development to secure net-new revenue.
The Account Manager will generate sales in two, primary ways.
1. Growing “share of wallet” opportunities within an existing client base.
2. Targeting strategic accounts to win them over and secure their business.
POSITION: ACCOUNT MANAGER
REPORTING: DIRECTOR, SALES
TERRITORY: SCARBOROUGH + MARKHAM + WHITBY
- Build genuine relationships and loyalty with every client in your designated territory via regular sales calls
- Call on Parts Advisors, Parts Managers, Service Advisors etc … … at Auto Dealerships located in territory
- Manage and grow business with ~100 accounts via regular sales calls (~15 – 20 per week)
- 70% of the role involves dealing with current clientele to increase share of wallet spend
- 30% of the role involves targeting strategic accounts to win their business from the competition
- Develop transactional customers into loyal clients … and lift loyal relationships … to trusted advisor status
- Know your territory intimately … + develop multiple relationships (deep, high and wide) with every client
- Implement a business plan (and action that plan) using CRM + other company tools
- MUST HAVE: 3+ years sales experience, in a similar role
- Post-secondary education
- Clear understanding of the sales process
- Proficiency dealing with client contacts at various levels … and navigating past gatekeepers
- An internally driven, consultative & collaborative professional who is a strong presenter and a great listener
- Strong capacity to identify client needs and apply products or services, as appropriate
BASE SALARY: $65,000 – $80,000
ON-TARGET VARIABLE: (15% of base) $10,000 – $12,000 (uncapped)
ON-TARGET EARNINGS: $75,000 – $92,000 (uncapped)
OTHER: benefits + company vehicle + gas card + work from home
INTERESTED & QUALIFIED?
1: Email your resume to Mark Krpan at; firstname.lastname@example.org.
2: Ensure the subject line reads; KNOCK OUT – 13K20MTCHFBL.
3: Based on the job description … tell Mark specifically … why you’re a fit for this role.