Born in Alton, Illinois on February 22, 1918 … Robert Wadlow looked just like any other baby.
However, by the age of one, he was over 3 feet tall, and … by his eighth birthday – nearly twice that!
At 13 years-old, Robert was the tallest Boy Scout in the world … at 7 feet, 4 inches.
In 1936, he joined a traveling circus … drawing massive crowds.
In 1938, he became the spokesman for a shoe company and as a perk, he received free shoes (size 37AA). (In comparison … Shaquille O’Neal’s shoe size is 23)
Due to his extreme height … Robert suffered with a lack of feeling in his legs.
Refusing to use a wheelchair, he chose to wear special braces to help him walk.
Tragically, at the age of 22 … one of the braces caused a blister which Robert didn’t notice (due to the lack of feeling in his legs).
This blister eventually led to an infection … and ultimately … to the premature death of the gentle, ‘Alton Giant’.
Robert’s last recorded measurement (18 days prior to his passing) was 8 feet, 11.1 inches!
What does this have to do with Match and Fable’s latest role?
Not much really.
That said … Match and Fable’s #SaaS client is looking for a Head of Business Development (Partnerships) who can make a giant contribution to their rapidly growing business!
POSITION: HEAD OF BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT (PARTNERSHIPS)
REPORTS TO: CEO
Our client is a high tech, SaaS based company, actually disrupting a traditional model in need of a revamp! Their incredibly intuitive technology, has received rave reviews from their North American client base.
After 5 years in the business, they are thriving and looking to enter their next series of funding.
With sky-high retention rates + a team of tremendous professionals, clients are scaling new heights to do business with them.
They are a mission-based organization looking to capture lion’s share of their market across North America!
- Selling into F500 companies across North America … with a focus geared towards the insurance space
- Identify, develop and execute on opportunities … through integrations and sales partnerships with channel partners
- Build relationships with North American companies … in their target industry
- Manage relationships with channel partners to drive high engagement and retention
- Work cross functionally with product, marketing, and engineering teams to define opportunities that drive core KPIs
- 5+ years of experience in strategic sales + business development and partnerships
- Experience identifying and executing channel partnerships to drive revenue growth
- Completely obsessed with customer experience
- Empathetic leader … with a desire to listen
- Excited to join a start-up company and build out a business development and partnerships team
BASE SALARY: $100,000 – $125,000
ON-TARGET MBO: 100% of base salary
ON-TARGET EARNINGS: $200,000 – $250,000
OTHER: benefits + rrsp + stock options + WFH (work from home)
INTERESTED? Then there are 3 things we need from you;
- Please send your resume to Jordana Matsos at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Ensure the subject line of your email reads GIANT – 6K20MTCHFBL
- In a short email … tell Jordana how your experience fits the requirements of this role.