William James Sidis was born April 1, 1898 in Boston, Massachusetts.
And, while he happened to be born on April Fool’s Day … he was anything but!
By age 2 … he was thumbing through the New York Times, reading articles that caught his eye.
By age 6, he spoke 7 languages; English, Latin, French, German, Russian, Turkish & Armenian.
At 9 years old, he qualified for Harvard … (but decided to wait until he was eleven to attend).
He was considered a super-genius, with an IQ estimated to be 250 to 300 (that’s higher than what Albert Einstein scored).
What does this have to do with Match and Fable’s latest role?
That said … it doesn’t take a ‘super-genius’ to see a good opportunity staring them in the face!
And, if you’re a Pricing Manager in the Supply Chain and Logistics industry … this may be it!
Our client is a trusted brand in the Supply Chain and Logistics space, focused on conducting business with Fortune 500 companies. They are a multi-million dollar, publicly traded company with an aggressive strategy of diversification and acquisition.
And … they currently have a need for a Pricing Manager, who is a wizard at their craft!
POSITION: PRICING MANAGER
REPORTING TO: MANAGER, PROCUREMENT & PRICING
INDUSTRY: SUPPLY CHAIN & LOGISTICS
- Receive, analyze and process all incoming RFP and spot rate requests for LTL & TL cross border
- Drive effective TL & LTL procurement strategy to improve yield and strategic partnerships cross-border
- Sales – Provide pricing based on client requirements
- Operations – Provide rates and carriers
- Claims & Reverse Logistics – Assist with escalated carrier related claim issues
- Carriers – Negotiate rates + gather pricing + resolve escalated carrier issues
- Customers – Gather requirements on rate requests + provide recommendations
- Ideal candidate started their in career in 3PL Operations … and has learned all facets of the business
- Knowledge of truck-load pricing in the 3PL/Brokerage space
- MUST HAVE: FTL pricing knowledge, Domestic (Canada) and Cross-border
- LTL and USA Domestic are assets … but definitely NOT a must
- Freight Forwarding experience
BASE SALARY: $70,000 – $80,000
OTHER: benefits + rrsp
INTERESTED & QUALIFIED?
1: Email your resume to Jordana Matsos at; firstname.lastname@example.org.
2: Ensure the subject line reads; SUPER GENIUS – 5K20-MTCHFBL.
3: Based on the job description … tell Jordana specifically … how you’re a fit for this role.