The eldest of 8 siblings … Joseph Henri Maurice Richard was born to a poor family during the Great Depression … on August 4, 1921 – in Montreal, Quebec.
One of the Montreal Canadiens most celebrated players … he was adored by teammates and fans alike!
The Rocket (as he was affectionately nicknamed) was a goal scoring phenom … and over an 18-year career he celebrated many NHL ‘firsts’.
He was the first player in history to score 50 goals in a season and also the first to reach a career total of 500.
And, as if this wasn’t enough … he was instrumental in leading the Habs to 8 Stanley Cup victories!
What does this have to do with Match and Fable’s latest role?
Not much, really.
That said … our client is looking for a “rocket” of a hunter sales professional in the Transportation industry!
Our client knows the best hunters don’t make for very effective farmers – (and vice-versa).
And that’s why, in this role … you’ll be solely responsible for selling transportation services.
You won’t be fielding calls from existing clients -or- putting out any fires!
There’s a Customer Success Team that’s focused on delivering the great service you’ll be selling.
Our client is looking for a skilled & strategic sales hunter who instinctively leaves no stone unturned.
In a perfect world … the candidate will hail from the transportation space.
The second-best scenario is a candidate who may not come from transportation … but is a damn good hunter!
POSITION: BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT EXECUTIVE
REPORTING TO: VICE-PRESIDENT, SALES
- Promote organization’s transportation services to secure new business revenue and achieve sales targets
- Research accounts, identify key players and generate interest
- Understand prospects’ financial objectives and link company’s value proposition, accordingly
- Collaborate with internal departments to advance sales cycles and secure revenue opportunities
- Establish extensive relationships at executive levels & across multiple decision makers (high, deep & wide)
- Partner with internal departments in order to provide best product offerings and close opportunities
- 5+ years’ transportation sales … with a new business development focus – not account management!
- Ability to utilize consultative selling process to present client-needs-oriented solutions
- A track record of quota achievement (and hopefully … over-achievement)
- Experience working with Salesforce.com or similar CRM
- Strong communication, customer service and computer skills
BASE SALARY: $80,000 – $85,000
ON-TARGET VARIABLE: $40,000 (uncapped)
ON-TARGET EARNINGS: $120,000 – $125,000
OTHER: benefits + car allowance + home-based office
INTERESTED & QUALIFIED?
1: Email your resume to Jordana Matsos at; email@example.com.
2: Ensure the subject line reads; ROCKET – 3K20-MTCHFBL.
3: Based on the job description … tell Jordana specifically … why you’re a fit for this role.