In 1847, Dr. Ignaz Semmelweis noticed that ladies giving birth in a maternity clinic in Vienna … were dying at an alarming rate!
The deaths were attributed an ato ilment dubbed, “childbed fever” … but Semmelweis wasn’t buying it.
He began investigating and discovered that women treated in the doctors’ ward were dying 5x more often than those in the midwives’ clinic!
He quickly determined that doctors were conducting autopsies, as well as delivering babies. And to make matters far worse … these doctors were often moving directly from one procedure to the next – spreading infection from dead bodies to maternity ward patients!
To halt transmission, Semmelweis introduced simple disinfection procedures. Maternity wards were to be kept clean … and doctors were required to wash their hands. As a result, the rate of “childbed fever” plummeted.
Despite its effectiveness … his solution was ridiculed by many doctors, who considered it insulting to be required to wash their hands!
The incessant criticism eventually led Dr. Semmelweis to suffer a nervous breakdown.
He ended up in a mental asylum … and died, in 1865.
Ironically, his cause of death was ruled; sepsis … the very same thing that had killed all those women in the maternity ward!
What does this have to do with Match and Fable’s latest role?
Nothing at all.
That said, now that we have your attention … we’d like to introduce you to Match and Fable’s latest role – a Regional Sales Manager in Saskatoon.
POSITION: REGIONAL SALES MANAGER
REPORTS TO: GENERAL MANAGER
REGION: SASKATOON, SK
As RSM, you’ll be accountable for leading a high-performance sales team in the Greater Saskatoon Region.
Reporting to the GM, you’ll handle the day-to-day leadership of sales reps, including coaching and development, managing and achieving team targets, approving business proposals and reporting team metrics to Senior Leadership.
- Develop, lead and mentor your sales team to achieve sales targets
- Ensure team metrics are achieved by acting as a player / coach and respected point of escalation
- Maximize the team’s efficiency – via direct coaching and interaction, enhanced analytics and direct management interaction
- Maintain and develop relationships within all areas of the business
- Maximize portfolio growth through development of any potential sales or customer service opportunities
- Impact execution of localized marketing strategies
- Business Degree (or equivalent work experience)
- 3 to 5 years of successful sales leadership … managing a team of 5+
- Demonstrated ability to develop and lead sales professionals, to achieve their full sales potential
- A high level of commitment and drive complimented by a strong competitive consciousness
- Strong communication skills + a “hands-on”, entrepreneurial spirit
- BIG PLUS: Experience managing a sales team in a B2C sales environment
BASE SALARY: $80,000 – $92,000
ON-TARGET VARIABLE: $16,000 – $18,400 (20% of base)
ON-TARGET EARNINGS: $96,000 – $100,400 (with the ability to over achieve)
OTHER: rrsp + extensive medical/dental coverage + mileage + cell + education reimbursement
INTERESTED? Then there are 4 things we’ll need from you;
- Please send your resume to Jordana Matsos at email@example.com.
- Ensure the subject line of your email reads YOU GIVE ME FEVER – 20J20-MTCHFBL
- In a short email … please tell Jordana how your experience fits.
- Please include a link to your social media presence (LinkedIn etc …)