In January 1933, five friends came up with a devious plan. With the help of a crooked insurance agent, they purchased a life insurance policy on Michael Malloy – a homeless, alcoholic.
Tony Marino, a tavern owner … offered Malloy an unlimited tab, banking on the idea Malloy would summarily drink himself to death … and the 5 friends (later dubbed The Murder Trust), would cash-in on the policy.
Malloy seized the opportunity to drink, from sunrise to sunset … and returned every day, to do it again.
Growing increasingly impatient … Marino swapped the liquor with antifreeze, then turpentine, then horse liniment and finally … rat poison. Malloy just kept drinking – unfazed!
In desperation … the men tried feeding Malloy a plate of raw oysters, soaked in wood alcohol … and a sandwich of spoiled sardines, mixed with poison & steel shavings. Malloy asked for a second helping!
They tried freezing him to death … and even ran him over with a car … yet, Malloy survived.
On February 23, 1933, after a full day of drinking … Malloy passed out. The five men carried him to a room, put a hose in his mouth (connected to a gas jet) … and Malloy died, within the hour.
Dr. Frank Manzella pronounced Malloy’s death a result of ‘lobar pneumonia’ and his body was swiftly buried. Police quickly heard rumors and ordered Malloy’s body be exhumed and examined.
Long story short … the men were aptly convicted of murder, and the “good doctor” was held as an accessory after the fact. One of the men went to prison while the remaining four booked their date with the electric chair!
What does this have to do with Match and Fable’s latest role?
That said, now that we have your attention … check out our latest senior sales role.
POSITION: SENIOR SALES EXECUTIVE
LOCATION: GTA WEST (90% WORK FROM HOME)
INDUSTRY: INFORMATION SOURCING
THE ROLE (IN A NUTSHELL):
We’re looking for a self-motivated & confident sales professional to focus, solely on new business acquisition. Once clients are secured, the Client Services Team will onboard and delight the client – going forward.
This individual must have experience strategically targeting and closing profitable business. They must possess a strong network of B2B relationships and always conduct themselves with integrity and a client-first mentality!
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
- Strategically target and secure new logos for the organization
- Identify prime growth opportunities and work with Client Services + Operations to devise solutions
- Attend trade shows and industry events to network and demonstrate subject matter expertise
- In conjunction with leadership team … develop annual sales strategy … to achieve revenue objectives
- Maintain pipeline of prospect accounts by identifying + building relationships with key decision makers
- Manage pricing and contract negotiations
- Collaborate with “sister divisions” to support and generate complimentary sales opportunities
- Prepare professional responses and submissions for sales proposals, RFP’s + RFI’s
WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING TO THE TABLE:
- At least 5+ years in-depth knowledge of high-level, consultative sales concepts and techniques
- FIRST PREFERENCE: candidates with experience / relationships … selling into Human Resources space
- A proven ability to source and close business (not waiting around for leads to fall on your desk)
- A strong network of B2B client relationships to draw on as a pipeline source
- A “boat-load” of integrity and accountability … simply put – a ‘solid’ individual
- Exceptional communication skills coupled with experience selling to the Executive-level
WHAT YOU’LL BE PAID:
BASE SALARY: $85,000 – $100,000
ON-TARGET VARIABLE: $40,000
ON-TARGET EARNINGS: $125,000 – $140,000 (uncapped)
OTHER: mileage program + gas card + rrsps + benefits + Work From Home (90%)
WHAT’S NEXT? There are 3 things we’ll need from you;
- Send your resume to Mark Krpan at email@example.com.
- Ensure subject line of your email reads; DIE HARD – 6I20MTCHFBL
- In a short email … please tell Mark how your experience fits what we’ve outlined above.