Believe it or not … there’s a term for people with an irrational fear of numbers!
It’s called ‘numerophobia’.
Now, we’re all pretty familiar with the superstitions surrounding numbers.
The #13 is widely considered to be unlucky. So much so, that many architects skip the 13th floor when designing their buildings.
The #666 is believed to be the sign of the devil!
And … many people prescribe to the belief; bad things happen in 3’s.
For example, lighting three cigarettes with a single match … will lead to death!
But, numerophobia is a whole new level!
Individuals stricken with this affliction fear all kinds of numbers – especially complex math equations!
So … what does this have to do with Match and Fable’s latest role?
That said … if you’re a numerophobe … this role definitely wouldn’t be up your alley.
As a result of business growth … our client’s organization is in need of an Underwriter to join their team.
Reporting to the Director … the successful candidate will be skillful with applications and systems … love number crunching and have a solid understanding of industry terminology.
POSITION: UNDERWRITER – REPORTING & ANALYTICS
REPORTS TO: DIRECTOR
LOCATION: MISSISSAUGA (WITH HOME OFFICE FLEX)
INDUSTRY: INSURANCE (BROKERAGE)
- Handle group insurance renewals, analyzing insurer’s proposed position & negotiating best outcome for clients
- Act as a technical resource while attending and supporting Consultants in meetings
- Understand all products available and the associated complexities of group benefits
- Build and strengthen ongoing working relationships with insurers
- Review accuracy of ASO reconciliations (or refunds) provided by insurer
- Produce comprehensive reports (clear descriptions & recommendations regarding renewals) based on your analyses
- Create outlines for clients’ budgeting purposes (based on previous data) – to assist in calculating projected renewal rates
- Provide recommendations for improvements in identifying risk & in-plan designs
- 2+ years’ related experience, preferably as a Group Benefits Underwriter
- Post-secondary degree
- Strong working mathematical skills
- Strong verbal and communications skills – in English
- Desire to complete CEBS (Certified Employee Benefit Specialist) exams, related to Group Benefits
- Outstanding Microsoft usage skills; especially PowerPoint and Excel
- Past experience in a consulting environment is a very “nice-to-have”
SALARY RANGE: $60,000 – $80,000
OTHER: RRSP + benefits + vacation
If you’re qualified for this role … this is what happens next;
- Email your resume to Sabrina at; firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Ensure the subject line reads; NUMEROPHOBIA – 19G91MTCHFBL
- Based on the job description … tell Sabrina why you’re a legitimate contender.