Howard Hill was born November 13, 1899 in Wilsonville, Alabama.
A ‘natural’ athlete … Howard excelled at football, baseball and basketball while attending Auburn University.
His ‘true-love’ however … was archery.
Often referred to as the “World’s Greatest Archer” … Howard is the only person to ever win 196 archery tournaments … (in a row)!
He also set a world record for the furthest flight shot – at more than 357 meters!
Having hunted and killed more than 2,000 animals with his long bow … Hill’s biggest achievement was becoming the first white man to kill an elephant using a bow and arrow (and this was prior to technological advancements that created the super-powerful compound bows in use today).
What does this have to do with Match and Fable’s latest role?
Not much really.
That said … if you’re a hunter sales professional in the Transportation industry … we’d love to speak with you.
Our client has come to a realization; the best hunters don’t make for very effective farmers (and vice-versa).
And that’s why, in this role … you’ll be solely responsible for selling transportation services.
You won’t be fielding calls from existing clients -or- putting out any fires!
There’s a Customer Success Team that’s focused on delivering the great service you’ll be selling.
Our client is looking for a skilled & strategic sales hunter who instinctively leaves no stone unturned.
In a perfect world … the candidate will hail from the transportation space.
The second-best scenario is a candidate who may not come from transportation … but is a damn good hunter!
POSITION: BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT EXECUTIVE
REPORTING TO: VICE-PRESIDENT, SALES
- Promote organization’s transportation services to secure new business revenue and achieve sales targets
- Research accounts, identify key players and generate interest
- Understand prospects’ financial objectives and link company’s value proposition, accordingly
- Collaborate with internal departments to advance sales cycles and secure revenue opportunities
- Establish extensive relationships at executive levels & across multiple decision makers (high, deep & wide)
- Partner with internal departments in order to provide best product offerings and close opportunities
- 5+ years’ transportation sales … with a new business development focus – not account management!
- Ability to utilize consultative selling process to present client-needs-oriented solutions
- A track record of quota achievement (and hopefully … over-achievement)
- Experience working with Salesforce.com or similar CRM
- Strong communication, customer service and computer skills
BASE SALARY: $80,000 – $85,000
ON-TARGET VARIABLE: $40,000 (uncapped)
ON-TARGET EARNINGS: $120,000 – $125,000
OTHER: benefits + car allowance + home-based office
INTERESTED & QUALIFIED?
1: Email your resume to Jordana Matsos at; email@example.com.
2: Ensure the subject line reads; HOWARD – 17G91MTCHFBL.
3: Based on the job description … tell Jordana specifically … why you’re a fit for this role.