Once upon a time, in a land far away … a lion was sleeping in the jungle. As a tiny mouse passed by, it decided to have some fun … so it climbed onto the lion and started running all over it.
Feeling its ticklish footsteps … the lion awoke, snatched the mouse … and prepared to swallow it!
Horrified … the mouse looked into the lion’s eyes and pleaded for its life. It promised to pay back the favour one day … if the lion would spare its life. Amused at the notion of a tiny mouse helping the King of the Jungle … the lion granted the mouse its wish, and set it free.
Months later, the lion was captured by poachers … and tied to a tree until they could return with their vehicles.
Just then … the mouse happened to be passing by … and the terrified lion called out to it for help!
Remembering the mercy the lion had shown it … the mouse sprang into action!
Gnawing feverishly at the rope … the lion was able to escape!
What does this have to do with Match and Fable’s latest role?
Well … nothing at all.
That said … while we have your attention, Match and Fable would like to tell you about our latest role.
Our client is looking for an Account Manager to work with a set list of named accounts … to make their experience with the company – delightful.
The right individual will have account management experience + experience in the landscaping industry.
Match and Fable’s client has been a trusted name in the US Northeast for 30+ years – as a top-tier player in the landscape design, architecture and development industries.
They are the ‘brains and brawn’ behind some of the areas’ most breathtaking designs in both the commercial and residential markets. And, with their fully-comprehensive, end-to-end service they boast a client focus unlike any other in the exterior esthetics space.
POSITION: ACCOUNT MANAGER
REPORTS TO: BRANCH MANAGER
TERRITORY: TAUNTON, MASSACHUSETTS
- Responsible for a specific book of business, clients, properties, etc.
- GP performance of accounts
- Conducting weekly inspections with employees (in the field) to ensure contract details are carried out
- Manage and execute all client renewals
- Upselling (25% – 35%) … in ‘enhancement’ sales
- Act as ‘go-to’ for any associated accounts
- Manage both client and field staff within associated accounts
- Perform buyouts for specific projects
- Engage in QBR’s mid-season/end-of-season for contract and performance status, recommendations, etc.
- Work with client budgets … and take a hands-on approach … as required
- Conduct business/sales presentations
- Work from a hybrid workspace, reporting into a branch 30% of the time (building proposals, bids, etc.)
- 70% of the time spent on the road (hunting and gathering in the territory)
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in the landscaping industry
- Minimum 2 years’ field sales experience
- Plant/horticultural knowledge (Plant ID)
- Willingness to learn and effectively communicate with various departments
- Strong management skills
- Background in landscaping development and/or commercial landscaping an added bonus
BASE SALARY: $60,000 – $80,000 (USD)
ON-TARGET VARIABLE: $2,000 – $10,000 (USD) – uncapped
ON-TARGET EARNINGS: $62,000 – $90,000 (USD)
OTHER: company vehicle + cell phone + laptop + 401K + 3 weeks’ PTO + medical benefits
If you’re interested (and qualified) for this role … the ball is in your court.
1. Email your resume to Sabrina at; email@example.com.
2. Ensure the subject line reads; LION & MOUSE – #14L91MTCHFBL
3. Based on the job description … tell Sabrina what makes you a legitimate contender.