Long ago … before the internet, television and radio overran our lives … the single source of information for most … was the good old newspaper. And while we’ve all heard the saying “Extra! Extra! Read all about it” … most people don’t know how this phrase came into existence.
You see … newspapers were published on a daily basis.
And, in order to be printed, there needed to be a deadline … so publishers could send it to the presses.
Well, as we all know … the world never turned based on publishing schedules. There were often major events (deaths of Presidents or declarations of war) that occurred – post deadline.
As such, newspapers would publish an extra edition.
Paperboys would shout the phrase on street corners in order to drum-up enthusiasm … and ultimately … sell more papers!
So, what does this have to do with Match and Fable’s role?
Well … nothing really.
That said … while we have your attention, our client is looking for an Account Manager to work with a set list of named accounts … to make their experience with the company – delightful.
The right individual will have account management experience + experience in the landscaping industry.
Match and Fable’s client has been a trusted name in the US Northeast for 30+ years – as a top-tier player in the landscape design, architecture and development industries. They are the ‘brains and brawn’ behind some of the areas’ most breathtaking designs in both the commercial and residential markets.
And, with their fully-comprehensive, end-to-end service they boast a client focus unlike any other in the exterior esthetics space.
POSITION: ACCOUNT MANAGER
REPORTS TO: BRANCH MANAGER
TERRITORY: BELLINGHAM, MASSACHUSETTS
- Responsible for a specific book of business, clients, properties, etc.
- GP performance of accounts
- Conducting weekly inspections with employees (in the field) to ensure contract details are carried out
- Manage and execute all client renewals
- Upselling (25% – 35%) … in ‘enhancement’ sales
- Act as ‘go-to’ for any associated accounts
- Manage both client and field staff within associated accounts
- Perform buyouts for specific projects
- Engage in QBR’s mid-season/end-of-season for contract and performance status, recommendations, etc.
- Work with client budgets … and take a hands-on approach … as required
- Conduct business/sales presentations
- Work from a hybrid workspace, reporting into a branch 30% of the time (building proposals, bids, etc.)
- 70% of the time spent on the road (hunting and gathering in the territory)
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in the landscaping industry
- Minimum 2 years’ field sales experience
- Plant/horticultural knowledge (Plant ID)
- Willingness to learn and effectively communicate with various departments
- Strong management skills
- Background in landscaping development and/or commercial landscaping an added bonus
BASE SALARY: $60,000 – $80,000 (USD)
ON-TARGET VARIABLE: $2,000 – $10,000 (USD) – uncapped
ON-TARGET EARNINGS: $62,000 – $90,000 (USD)
OTHER: company vehicle + cell phone + laptop + 401K + 3 weeks’ PTO + medical benefits
If you’re interested (and qualified) for this role … the ball is in your court.
1. Email your resume to Sabrina at; email@example.com.
2. Ensure the subject line reads; EXTRA! EXTRA! – #14L91MTCHFBL
3. Based on the job description … tell Sabrina what makes you a legitimate contender.