In the late 1700’s, in Roscommon, Ireland … a woman named Betty and her son lived in terrible poverty. Although uncommon for someone raised in such conditions, Betty was literate … so she taught her son to read and write. She constantly reminded her son that only money could bring him happiness … and when he was old enough … he left Roscommon to find fortune – in America!
One dark evening, many years later … a well-dressed gentleman knocked on Betty’s door asking for a place to stay. She welcomed him in, but that night, as he lay sleeping … Betty (with knife in hand) crept into his room … and murdered the man for his money!
As Betty rifled through the stranger’s belongings, she discovered this ‘stranger’ was in fact … her son!
Overcome by the horror of her actions, Betty ran screaming into the streets … confessing her guilt.
She was arrested, stood trial … and was condemned to death – by hanging!
On Execution Day … as Betty and several other criminals were filing into the yard … they were informed the executioner had “called in sick” … and the sheriff was refusing to personally perform the executions.
Seizing the opportunity … Betty asked that her life be spared and in return, she’d hang the others herself!
The sheriff agreed … and Betty got to work!
“Lady Betty” (as she came to be known) was so efficient … she was appointed Roscommon’s official Hang Woman, a job with a yearly salary … as well room and board!
What’s this have to do with Match and Fable’s latest role?
Not much, really!
That said, our client is looking for a National Director of Sales who can also ‘execute’ in their position!
The VP, Sales of this iconic organization is in need of a strong sales leader who can step in and execute.
Based from offices in Mississauga … you will manage a national sales team and play a vital role in driving the business forward into 2020 … and beyond.
POSITION: NATIONAL DIRECTOR, SALES
REPORTING TO: VP, SALES
- Work with Executive Leadership Team to optimize and execute sales strategy for Canada
- Along with VP, Sales … establish annual targets for national sales team and ensure attainment
- Via a proven Sales Management Process … reinforce a consultative, solution-selling, performance culture
- Execute regular status calls with sales team and support their client-facing efforts to facilitate growth
- Lead account planning meetings, to reinforce focus and accountability across the sales organization
- Assess team training requirements and work with training department to provide same
- 5 – 10 years as a sales leader (managing a team of sales professionals)
- University degree, preferred
- Proven Sales Management Process and cadence-based leadership skills
- Experience with program roll-outs and subsequent management
- Driven + motivated … with a history of consistently achieving business goals
- Travel across Canada … (approximately 25% to 30%)
BASE SALARY: $125,000 – $150,000
ON-TARGET EARNINGS: $175,000 – $200,000
If you’re interested (and qualified) … this is what happens next;
1, Email your resume to Mark at; firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Ensure subject line reads; EXECUTIONER – 17K91MTCHFBL
3. Based on the description … tell Mark why you are a legitimate contender for this role.