On September 14, 1993 … the soundtrack for the movie, Judgment Night, was released.
One particular song on the album, titled ‘I Love You Mary Jane’ was a collaboration between post-punk rock band, Sonic Youth and west coast rappers – Cypress Hill.
For those who don’t know … ‘Mary Jane’ is but one, of a long list of slang terms for cannabis.
It’s believed the Mexican Spanish term ‘marijuana’ was introduced to the USA by immigrants from Mexico.
Separated in two … the term references two traditional Spanish names … ‘Maria’ and ‘Juana’.
By extension, the English version becomes … ‘Mary Jane’!
What does this have to do with Match and Fable’s latest role?
Well … nothing really.
That said, our client is looking for a National Account Executive to focus on the Cannabis sector.
The perfect candidate will have existing relationships and experience selling into the Cannabis industry.
POSITION: NATIONAL ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE
REPORTS TO: VP, SALES
Reporting to the Vice-President, Sales and based from Head Office in Mississauga … you will help articulate and execute a strategy focused on targeting and dominating the Cannabis sector – across Canada.
Candidates must be able to offer the following;
1) Ability to articulate and action a repeatable (and effective) ‘solution sales’ process
2) Understand & embrace the concept of measurable business value (ROI, soft cost savings, dollarizing value)
3) Recognize the difference between ‘selling-to’ a prospect versus ‘motivating’ them to buy
- Secure new accounts at national account level with a primary focus on the Cannabis industry
- Drive strategic acquisition initiatives via a structured sales process, piloted by “Solution Based Selling”
- Becomes the Subject Matter Expert as it relates to this vertical market – across Canada
- Ensure vertical market expertise is established, using appropriate research tools & best practices
- Develop genuine relationships to assist in the sales and account management processes
- 7+ years of REAL solution sales experience
- At least 3 years of uber-successful, national account level, strategic sales hunting experience
- Past experience selling into the Cannabis sector
- Driven + Entrepreneurial + No Ego … with a “let’s build this business” attitude
- Comfortable leading and responding to an RFP process
- Experience with BPO (Business Process Outsourcing) is extremely desirable
- Ability to travel … across Canada, as necessary
BASE SALARY: $120,000 – $140,000
ON-TARGET VARIABLE: $50,000 (uncapped)
ON-TARGET EARNINGS: $170,000 – $190,000
INTERESTED? Then there are 3 things we need from you;
- Please send your resume to Mark Krpan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Ensure the subject line of your email reads I LOVE YOU MARY JANE – 15K91MTCHFBL
- In a short email … tell Mark how your experience fits this role.