Kelly Johnson was born in Ishpeming … a remote mining town in Michigan.
At 13 years of age … he won a prize for his first aircraft design.
Years later … he’d earn a Bachelor’s and Master’s Degree in Aeronautical Engineering from the University of Michigan.
In his professional career … Johnson became the Lead Engineer at the Lockheed Skunk Works, where he was instrumental in helping create the Lockheed U-2, Lockheed SR-71 … and Blackbird spy planes – among others!
What does this have to do with Match and Fable’s latest role?
Well … not much really.
That said, Mr. Johnson is also credited with coining the term … “keep it simple stupid” – a design principle based on the premise, most systems work best … when kept as simple as possible.
And, this is exactly what our client is looking for!
They need a Solutions Architect with the skills to assess the complexity of IT environments and formulate pragmatic solutions.
POSITION: SOLUTIONS ARCHITECT
REPORTS TO: SOLUTIONS ARCHITECT MANAGER
LOCATION: MARKHAM, ONTARIO
INDUSTRY: IT SOLUTIONS
Our client, an IT solutions provider, has asked Zafreen Kassam to find them a Solutions Architect to join them in Toronto. The right person will work with Client Relations + Onboarding Teams to evaluate environments and devise suitable solutions.
The Solutions Architect will conduct ‘deep dives’ into networks to determine users’ workflows and the technical components of their existing environment. You will build “the calc sheet”, write complete Project Guides, present discoveries and propose optimum solutions. You will act as a senior resource for the Onboarding Team, lead meetings, discuss findings and results with all levels of internal and external stakeholders.
This role requires an understanding of deployment technologies and methodologies, as well as research capabilities for improving the project process. The Solutions Architect role, will be required to develop strong relationships with colleagues and among internal departments.
- Work closely with clients – to conduct assessments (scope out projects)
- Build clients onboarding projects across the region – conducting technical assessments, conduct risks and constraints, lead meetings with internal and external resources
- Attend project related meetings with all stakeholders – kick off meetings, develop project plans and communicate deliverables
- Be the senior technical resource – point of contact for advanced level issues; advisor for project plans
- Work with Project Managers to oversee projects
- Enforce policies and procedures + improve project execution and efficiency
- MUST HAVE: Microsoft Certified Professional Designation
- MUST HAVE: 5+ years of experience as Senior IT or Solutions Architect
- MUST HAVE: Understanding of Microsoft range of technologies + products, primarily server 2012+ based
- MUST HAVE: Understanding of HYPER-V & VMWare technology
- MUST HAVE: Knowledge of Office 365 – online / cloud
- Knowledge of Microsoft licensing (you don’t need to be an expert at this … just know how it works!)
BASE SALARY: $65,000 – $90,000
VACATION: 15 days + 5 Flex Days
OTHER: benefits + phone allowance + rrsp contribution
QUALIFIED? If so … there are 3 things we need from you;
- Send your resume to Zafreen Kassam at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ensure subject line of email reads; KEEP IT SIMPLE STUPID – 16J91-MTCHFBL
- In a short email … tell Zafreen why you should be considered for this position.