On June 2, 1925, the New York Yankees were sitting in second-last place.
When their star player, Wally Pipp arrived at Yankee Stadium … he went to see the team trainer to ask for two aspirins – for a headache he was nursing.
Team Manager, Miller Huggins happened to be walking by, and said – “Wally, take the day off … we’ll try that new kid, Gehrig at first today … and get you back in there tomorrow.”
Years later, Wally referred to the incident as “… the two most expensive aspirin in history.”
What was Wally talking about?
Well … the game Pipp bowed out of, marked the first game of Lou Gehrig’s career … and no one could have imagined that over the next 14 seasons … he’d go on to play an incredible 2,130 consecutive games!
What does this have to do with Match and Fable’s latest role?
That said … the term “carpe diem” was never more relevant.
Gehrig seized the opportunity to showcase his value … and if you’re a recent graduate looking to get your shot in “the big leagues” … … this is your opportunity to do the same!
Our client is looking for a Sales Representative (based from their offices in the Mississauga area). They recognize that while new graduates have limited experience … certain characteristics are often strong indicators of success in sales. As such … they’ve asked Zafreen Kassam of Match and Fable to find candidates with a competitive nature a “don’t quit” attitude.
POSITION: SALES REP (90% INSIDE / 10% OUTSIDE)
REPORTS TO: SALES MANAGER
INDUSTRY: BUSINESS SOLUTIONS
Reporting to the Sales Manager, the Sales Representative will uncover new business opportunities while increasing spend with existing clientele. The role is 90% inside / 10% outside. The right candidate will spend the first 6 months learning the company’s products and services … and training as a sales generalist.
This is an entry-level sales role designed to teach, mold and sharpen sales skills and business acumen.
- Prospect and secure new accounts across the territory … via Inside Sales efforts
- Build and maintain a pipeline of new opportunities and an active network of high potential targets
- Become a Subject Matter Expert on the entire suite of product lines and service offerings
- Full-cycle sales process from prospecting through to closing … and post sales
- MUST HAVE: Post-secondary education
- Must be inspired & hungry … and not need a fire lit beneath you to get down to business
- Must be naturally inquisitive and have the drive and ability to work independently
- NICE TO HAVE: 1 year of B2B sales experience
BASE SALARY: $45,000 – $47,500
BONUS POTENTIAL: up to 10% of salary (up to $4,750)
ON-TARGET EARNINGS: $45,000 – $52,250
OTHER: benefits + cell allowance + vacation
INTERESTED? If so … there are 3 things we need from you;
- Send your resume to Zafreen Kassam at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Ensure subject line of email reads; WALLY PIPP – 1J91-MTCHFBL
- In a short email … tell Zafreen why you should be considered for this position.