The word ‘supernova’ is an astronomical term for the super explosion of a star.
That explosion is unimaginably bright.
In fact, sometimes … it’s brighter than the entire galaxy, itself!
Truth is … supernova explosions are extremely, extremely rare.
So much so … that the last documented supernova in our galaxy (the Milky Way) … happened more than 400 years ago.
The term ‘nova’ is also used to describe the explosion of a star … but a supernova has way more energy!
What does this have to do with Match and Fable’s latest role?
Not much, really.
That said … Match and Fable is on the prowl for a Director of Culinary for one of our clients.
And, at the riskof being a bit blunt … a ‘nova’ level Director simply won’t cut it.
Because we’re looking for a ‘supernova’ – period!
POSITION: CULINARY DIRECTOR
REPORTS TO: VICE-PRESIDENT
LOCATION: GTA WEST
The Culinary Director role is a critically strategic position for our client. The position demands a truly innovative leader who will create menus and standards … leading to exemplary dining experiences across all of the company’s establishments.
This individual will lead and train local culinary teams to provide exceptional dining experiences at all of the organization’s locations via a variety of innovative systems. Collaboration with the company’s world class chef partners will give this ‘supernova’ the opportunity to work with the ‘best in the business’ in the marketplace.
- Develop culinary plans with short and long-term goals ensuring superior levels of guest satisfaction
- Enhance food quality levels by establishing standards while collaborating on diverse menus to satisfy specific regional preferences
- Provide culinary and service expertise, as well as operational support to site level culinary and service teams
- Research, test and introduce new and improved products to enhance the dining experience
- Establish menus and products in line with food cost projections, operational feasibility, quality standards and guest satisfaction
- 5+ years’ experience at a Director level role with a $20MM+ organization
- Highly developed culinary expertise and principles … including a variety of ethnic/regional cuisines
- Solid leadership experience in world-class, full-service restaurant environments
- Experience with high-quality, fresh-food, quick service restaurant environments
- Demonstrated expertise in food costing, menu planning, inventory management and procurement
- A guest-driven mentality … with a focus on quality, service and the overall dining experience
BASE SALARY: $125,000
BONUS: $37,500 (paid quarterly)
ON-TRGET EARNINGS: $162,500
OTHER: vacation +, pension top up + great benefits program + other, sweet perks!
INTERESTED? There are 3 things Mark Vandyke needs from you;
- Send your resume to Mark Vandyke at; firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Ensure subject line of your email reads; SUPERNOVA – 18I91 – MTCHFBL
- In a short email … please tell Mark how your experience fits what we’ve outlined above.