As the story goes, the world’s first restaurant opened in Paris, in 1765.
Mr. Boulanger … (a soup salesman, turned tavern keeper) opened its doors with a single-item on the menu – sheep’s feet simmered in white sauce!
Unlike other food-type businesses operating at the time, such as taverns (alcohol) and cafes (coffee) … his business focused on food. Naturally, the idea of ‘going out to eat’ was a foreign notion – as people had always eaten meals at home.
Here’s the real interesting part; Boulanger claimed his special dish would restore people’s health.
And … it just so happens, the French word for restore is, restaurer.
You can thank us later … but, now you know how the word ‘restaurant’ came to be!
By the way … a local food union sued Boulanger for infringing on their right to sell cooked food. The union ended up losing their case … and the years that followed saw restaurants pop up … all across the country.
What does this have to do with Match and Fable’s latest role?
Not much, really.
That said, just yesterday … one of our favourite clients called Mark Vandyke to explain they’re in massive growth mode. They need 5 (… yup, we just said, five) Restaurant Managers for their rapidly expanding operations.
POSITION: RESTAURANT MANAGER
REPORTS TO: GENERAL MANAGER
LOCATION: GTA WEST
Our client has been transformational in their approach to the hospitality industry. With locations across North America, they’re always cutting-edge when it comes to providing the very best in terms of customer experience.
Match and Fable is proud to support their efforts as they continue to grow their team.
- Handle day-to-day management of a restaurant
- Provide leadership and instill pride among crewmembers
- Establish and execute high standards of food quality and take steps to deliver great customer service
- Manage staffing and scheduling needs
- Administer management … and crewmember training
- 3+ years’ experience in the hospitality or retail environment
- Experience with P&L analysis
- Ability to clear a background check
- Capable of working flexible hours, days, shifts … including some holidays
- Own reliable transportation
BONUS: $8,250 (paid quarterly)
ON-TARGET EARNINGS: $63,250
OTHER: vacation + pension top up + great benefits program + other perks!
INTERESTED? There are 3 things Mark Vandyke needs from you;
- Send your resume to Mark Vandyke at; email@example.com.
- Ensure the subject line of your email reads; SHEEP FEET – 18I91MTCHFBL
- In a short email … tell Mark how your experience fits what we’ve outlined above.