You’ve probably heard people use the term “soup to nuts” … every now and then.
In doing so, their intention is to convey the idea of … “from beginning to end, completely; everything”.
But … do you know where the term originated?
Well, as you may already now … the folks at Match and Fable love droppin’ a little knowledge.
The term actually refers to old-fashioned dinners … which often began with soup … and ended with nuts!
What does this have to do with Match and Fable’s latest role?
Not much really.
That said … our client has asked Mark Vandyke of Match and Fable to help them find a General Manager who can help run their hospitality business … from “soup to nuts”!
POSITION: GENERAL MANAGER
REPORTS TO: OPERATIONS DIRECTOR
LOCATION: MISSISSAUGA, ON
Match and Fable’s client has been transformational in their approach to the hospitality industry. With locations across North America, they are on the cutting edge of providing the very best in customer experience. As they continue to grow their leadership team … we are proud to be supporting their efforts
We are looking for a General Manager … who is a genuine leader and has the experience to oversee the day-to-day operations of a multiple concept dining operation.
- Promote an attitude of pride, cooperation and success in the unit
- Directly responsible for the overall unit budgets
- Provide leadership to the managers and crewmembers in the unit
- Establish high standards for food quality + customer service
- Direct team toward achieving the unit’s financial goals
- Maintain a positive work environment for both management team and staff
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of senior managerial experience in multi-unit concepts
- Proficient knowledge of P&L budgeting and forecasting
- Strong culinary background and fine dining experience is a plus
- Demonstrated dependability, personal drive and leadership, ability to lead by example
- Ability to clear a background check
BONUS: $22,500 (paid quarterly)
ON-TARGET EARNINGS: $97,500
OTHER: vacation + parking + pension top ups + great benefit program
INTERESTED? There are 3 things Mark Vandyke will need from you;
- Send your resume to Mark at email@example.com.
- Ensure the subject line of your email reads; SOUP TO NUTS – 17I91
- In a short email … please tell Mark how your experience fits what we’ve outlined above.