Born in Croatia in 1929 … Frane Selak has been labeled “the world’s luckiest, unluckiest man”.
But one could argue the term lucky boils down to perspective.
1962: Frane was riding in a train that skipped off the tracks and crashed into a river. 17 people died … while Frane escaped with a broken arm and hypothermia.
1963: Shortly before landing (on a flight from Zagreb to Rijeka) … Frane and a stewardess were sucked out of a malfunctioning plane door. 19 people died … while Mr. Selak landed on a haystack – and lived!
1966: A bus Frane was riding in left the road and crashed into an icy river. 4 passengers died … while Frane managed to swim to shore.
1970: While driving his car … it caught fire. Frane escaped before the fuel tank blew up.
1973: A malfunctioning fuel pump caused flames to shoot through the vents of his car. Other than singing off his hair … Frane emerged otherwise unscathed.
1995: Walking down the street in Zagreb … Frane was hit by a bus … yet suffered only minor injuries.
1996: To elude a head-on collision with a truck, Frane swerved into a guardrail. The force of impact ejected Frane through his door … but he managed to grab hold of a tree branch … while his car fell 300 feet into the gorge below.
In 2003, at the age of 73 … Mr. Selak won €800,000 in the Croatian lottery!
What does this have to do with Match and Fable’s latest role?
Not much, really.
That said … if you feel like you’ve had some bad luck working for some lousy companies … just like Frane Selak, your luck may just have turned!
POSITION: ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE
REPORTS TO: DIRECTOR, SALES
TERRITORY: CALGARY, ALBERTA (HOME BASED OFFICE)
INDUSTRY: HARDWARE SUPPPLIES
Our client is a national retailer of quality hardware for cabinetry, in the home building / design space.
This role requires someone with structured and disciplined sales success.
The company exudes a ‘fresh’ and liberating work structure.
Direction, support and training are abundant – apron strings, are not!
Working from a home-based office and reporting to the Director, you’ll be responsible for business development (75%) and account management (25%) in the Calgary territory.
You’ need to be creative to stand out from the crowd … and deliver quality products to your client base.
We’re looking for a candidate who is exceptionally self-driven, hungry … and knows how to hustle! A hunter … with the ability to “hug their clients”.
- Working independently to aggressively hunt for new accounts
- Build and maintain an active network of clients through strong account management by ensuring retention through providing tailor value-added solutions
- Full cycle sales process from prospecting through to closing … and post sales
- MUST HAVE: 1 to 3 years of B2B sales experience (hunting and farming)
- Clearly defined sales process/consultative sales background
- NICE-TO-HAVE: University degree or equivalent education
- CSP designation and/or professional sales course(s)
- BIG PLUS: Experience in the Account Management/experience in building/design hardware and supplies
- Contacts in the design/home building/home improvement community
- Must be inspired & hungry … and not need a fire lit beneath you to get down to business
- Must have strong entrepreneurial skills and the ability to work independently
BASE SALARY: $75,000 – $80,000
ON-TARGET VARIABLE: $5,000 – $15,000 (uncapped)
ON-TARGET EARNINGS: $80,000 – $95,000 (uncapped)
OTHER: home office + benefits + car allowance
INTERESTED? Then there are 3 things we need from you;
- Please send your resume to Sabrina Galli at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Ensure the subject line of your email reads FRANE SELAK – 16I91
- In a short email … please tell Sabrina how your experience fits what we’ve outlined above.