On their 1983, self-titled album … German band ‘Nena’ released “99 Luftballons”.
Following wild success across Europe … an English version (“99 Red Balloons”) was released the year after.
Since the English version of the song wasn’t a direct translation of the original … the band didn’t approve, claiming … “we made a mistake there. I think the song loses something in translation and even sounds silly.”
As such, even though the band has performed more than 500 concerts in the last 30+ years … Nena has never sung the English version, live!
What does this have to do with Match and Fable’s role?
That said, Nena (real name; Gabriele Susanne Kerner) was born in Hagen, Germany … which is 50km from Düsseldorf.
And … it just so happens, Match and Fable is working on a senior sales role … based in Düsseldorf!
POSITION: REGIONAL SALES MANAGER
REPORTS TO: GLOBAL VP, SALES
TERRITORY: GERMANY + FRANCE + AUSTRIA + DENMARK + FINLAND + BELGIUM
INDUSTRY: SOFTWARE SALES (SaaS)
LOCATION: DÜSSELDORF, GERMANY
Our client is the fastest growing software company in their space – period!
Over the past few years … they’ve been leaving their competitors in the dust.
Their client base is a laundry list of prominent global organizations and that list is growing every day!
They’re set on even greater, explosive growth … and need some more help to get there!
Based from a home office in Düsseldorf … and reporting to the Global VP, Sales, the RSM will promote a SaaS solution offering in a business development capacity.
Please note; the successful candidate must speak both German + English (any other languages are a huge plus!)
- Responsible for driving new revenue via new client acquisition – typically at F500 level
- Attend tradeshows and networking events
- Conduct on-line presentations and product demonstrations
- Travel to client locations to conduct in-person needs assessments and assist with initial launch phase
- 5 – 7 years of solution sales experience
- At least 3 years of successful software sales … (enterprise level) hunting experience
- Driven! Not the type of person who waits for the Marketing Department to send them qualified leads
- Ability to travel across territory … approximately 50%
BASE SALARY: 80,000€ – 85,000€
ON-TARGET VARIABLE: 80,000€ (uncapped)
ON-TARGET EARNINGS: 160,000€ – 165,000€ (uncapped)
OTHER: home office + health benefits + pension contribution + mileage
INTERESTED? There are 3 things we’ll need from you;
- Send your resume to Mark Krpan at email@example.com.
- Ensure the subject line of your email reads; 99 LUFTBALLONS – 8F91
- In a short email … tell Mark how your experience fits what we’ve outlined above.