In 1859 … as British explorer, Alfred Russel Wallace was strolling around Bacan Island (in Indonesia) … when he came across something, extremely extraordinary!
As he described it … it was “a large black wasp-like insect, with immense jaws like a stag-beetle.”
Turns out, it was a never-before-seen … wild species of bee.
What made it so unique … was its sheer size!
The species (naturally named, Wallace’s Giant Bee) is the world’s largest bee … with females reaching lengths of nearly 4 cm … with wingspans of more than 6 cm!
Long thought extinct, the WGB had not been spotted for more than a century – until American researcher Adam Catton Messer, finally stumbled across another – in 1981!
What does this have to do with Match and Fable’s latest role?
Not much, really.
That said, our client is looking for a QA – Technical Writer … who doesn’t mind being as “busy as a bee”!
POSITION: QUALITY ASSURANCE – TECHNICAL WRITER
REPORTS TO: DIRECTOR OF QUALITY ASSURANCE + COMPLIANCE
LOCATION: RICHMOND HILL
Our client is a professional chemicals provider for compounding pharmacies.
They focus on the import, packaging, re-labeling and testing of API services.
Due to expansion … they’re looking for a Quality Assurance professional to join their team.
Reporting to the Director, QA + Compliance … the QA – Technical Writer will assist with the overall quality process ensuring all documentation is updated – as per Health Canada + FDA guidelines.
- Responsible for creating + updating + revising + drafting SOPs
- Serve as a technical resource in development of documents – advising on Naming Conventions, Active Standard Instruction requirements & Master Template issues
- Ensure changes outlined in Change Management System coincide with mark-ups or proposed change … and all related documents / data affected, are captured
- Responsible for initiating required changes in Change Management System
- Assign document codes … according to current Document Naming Conventions, ensuring accurate correlation with corporate applications
- Manage electronic files + maintain corresponding change control & revision history in Corporate Document Management System
- MUST: 1 year experience in a Technical Writing role (food or pharmaceutical industry)
- MUST: Thorough knowledge of GMP, ISO: 9001 + GxP
- MUST: Strong attention to detail + excellent written and oral communication skills
- NICE TO HAVE: Experience in Stability Studies, Cleaning Validation and Lab testing
- Proficient in MS Office Suite
BASE SALARY: $45,000 – $55,000
OTHER: 100% medical & dental benefits + 3 weeks’ vacation
INTERESTED? There are 3 things we’ll need from you;
- Send your resume to Zafreen Kassam at email@example.com.
- Ensure subject line of your email reads; BUSY BEE – 24E91-MTCHFBL
- In a short email … please tell Zafreen how your experience fits what we’ve outlined above.