Did you know … the word ‘hamburger’ originates from the town of Hamburg in Germany?
The long and short of it goes a little something like this;
Back in the 19th-century … after trading with their counterparts in the Baltic provinces of Russia … German sailors brought back the idea of raw, shredded beef … (known today, as beef tartare).
Eventually … a local, German chef decided he’d throw in a bit of a ‘twist’ … and he cooked that beef! And, whaddaya know … the ‘hamburger’ was born!
What does this have to do with Match and Fable’s latest role?
Well … nothing really.
That said … our client is one of the fastest growing burger chains in North America … and they’ve asked Match and Fable’s Mark Vandyke to assist them in a search for a General Manager for their Yonge & Sheppard location.
POSITION: GENERAL MANAGER
REPORTS TO: REGIONAL OPERATIONS MANAGER
LOCATION: YONGE & SHEPPARD
INDUSTRY: FAST CASUAL
Our client is looking for a candidate to set the pace, expectation and attitude of the team. The ‘right person’ will need to foster a culture of team work and accountability. Everything from … guest experience to food safety to staff development falls under the scope of this role.
If you are a leader that can bring out the best in people and develop high performing teams, while delivering exceptional customer service, then this is the place for you.
- Manage shift operations … with a ‘hands-on’ approach
- Ensure an exceptional guest experience via effective staff training & development
- Perform regular table visits to drive positive guest interactions
- Oversee inventory levels, freshness standards and ordering of supplies
- Oversee & manage company cleanliness and product freshness guidelines
- Oversight and manage all COGS
- MUST HAVE: 2 years’ experience in a similar role, management role (leading and coaching teams)
- MUST HAVE: Kitchen experience, scheduling and inventory and cost controls
- Deliver an elevated guest experience by creating an upbeat … high energy atmosphere
- A ‘hands-on’ management style where you must be comfortable contributing in all aspects of the business (from prep … to cook … to well, whatever it takes)
SALARY: $45,000 – $55,000 + incentives + bonuses
OTHER: vacation + benefits + free staff meals
INTERESTED? There are 3 things we need from you;
- Send your resume to Mark Vandyke at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Ensure the subject line of your email reads; HAMBURGER (YONGE & SHEPPARD) – 17E91MTCHFBL
- In a short email … please tell Mark how your experience fits what we’ve outlined above.