“Put that coffee down … coffee’s for closers”!
You won’t find too many sales people who haven’t seen this infamous movie. And, while Alec Baldwin was definitely a bit ‘over-the-top’ in this 1992 classic about unmotivated sales people … his message definitely resonates to every sales professional who wants to be the best at what they do.
What does this have to do with Match and Fable’s latest role?
Not much, really.
That said, in this role … you won’t need to worry about working for a tyrannical sales leader. In fact, quite the opposite. The Managing Director is a wonderful person and the organization supports its sales people amazingly! And when it comes to earning potential … hold on to your socks!
POSITION: REGIONAL VICE PRESIDENT (SALES ROLE)
REPORTS TO: MANAGING DIRECTOR – CANADA
LOCATIONS (3): VANCOUVER + EDMONTON + GREATER TORONTO AREA
INDUSTRY: WEALTH MANAGEMENT
Our client is a long-standing investment firm in Canada looking to hire a Regional Vice President in 3 locations, across Canada. This position is highly entrepreneurial and involves extensive calling (although no cold-calling) and direct consultative selling.
Offering a personalized asset allocation portfolio with a mix of equities, fixed income, cash and other securities to meet the individual investment needs of their clients. Having dedicated portfolio management and client service groups that are primarily responsible for the transition and retention of client relationships.
- Call High-Net-Worth (with leads provided via the firm’s industry leading marketing efforts)
- Qualify and then schedule face-to-face appointments
- Meet with prospective clients to grow assets for the firm
- Focus on bringing new private clients with liquid assets of $500,000+
- Close new investor business
- MUST HAVE: IIROC License
- MUST HAVE: Either CIM or Level 1 CFA designation
- MUST HAVE: Experience talking to investors about including stocks and bonds in their portfolios … not simply mutual funds
- MUST HAVE: Strong sales skills – high level of activity, direct prospecting of clients, ability to close with demonstrated track record of success, self-motivated and persistent
- MUST HAVE: Experience managing portfolios or researching individual equities
- Minimum of 3 years of success selling to high net worth individuals
- PREFERRED: Candidates registered as Advising Reps or Associate Advising Reps
BASE SALARY: $100,000
ON-TARGET VARIABLE: $90,000 (uncapped)
YEAR 1 ON-TARGET EARNINGS: $190,000 (uncapped)
OTHER: medical benefits + 4 weeks’ vacation + home office set-up
INTERESTED? There are 3 things we’ll need from you;
- Send your resume to Zafreen Kassam at email@example.com.
- Ensure subject line of your email reads; COFFEE’S FOR CLOSERS – MTCHFBL26D91
- In a short email … please tell Zafreen how your experience fits what we’ve outlined above.