The daughter of Irish immigrants … Violet Jessop was born and raised in Argentina.
Upon her father’s death … her family returned to England.
Soon after, her mother took ill … and Violet left school to become a stewardess.
She eventually accepted a position with a British shipping company … called White Star.
In 1911 … the ship Violet was working on (The Olympic), collided with a British warship – HMS Hawke. No one was seriously injured in the collision.
On April 10, 1912, 24 year-old Jessop boarded the infamous RMS Titanic!
Four days later … the Titanic struck an iceberg in the North Atlantic … sinking within 2 hours.
1,503 people died … while 705 people survived – and among the survivors, was, Miss. Violet Jessop.
Believe it or not, Violet continued her employment with White Star and … on November 21, 1916, as the HMHS Britannic was floating in the Aegean Sea … an explosion rocked the ship – sinking it in a mere, 55 minutes.
30 people died … while 1,066 people survived – and among the survivors was none other than, Violet Jessop!
Undeterred by her brushes with death … Violet continued to work as a stewardess on various ships. All in all … she would spend 42 years at sea, retiring to her cottage in Suffolk … and passing at the age of 83.
What does this have to do with Match and Fable’s latest role?
Well … nothing at all!
That said … now that we have your attention … check out Sabrina Galli’s latest sales role!
Our client’s organization is a well-known brand – famous for developing top-rate sales professionals.
You’d be hard pressed to find a better organization to launch your sales career in the right direction.
Are you tired of 100% commission sales roles … or plying your trade in a dead-end industry? If so … consider this, ‘opportunity knocking’.
Our client is looking for sales professionals with 1 or 2 years of hunter-type, B2B sales experience.
They’re open to entertaining accomplished Inside Sales professionals, looking to step out from behind the desk … and take on an Outside Sales position.
POSITION: SALES EXECUTIVE
REPORTS TO: REGIONAL SALES MANAGER
TERRITORY: WHITBY + COBOURG + LINDSAY
- Responsible for building a client base through regular, territory sales calls
- Prospect a geographic territory, targeting potential clients to initiate long-term partnerships
- This role is 90% hunting and 10% farming
- Provide consultative sales approach – creating value for both the client and the organization
- Manage territory performance targets, while maintaining client satisfaction and overall results
- Identify and prioritize high potential sales opportunities
- Post-secondary education
- Minimum 6 months B2B sales experience
BASE SALARY: $47,500
ON-TARGET EARNINGS: $115,000 (uncapped)
OTHER: RRSP + benefits + car allowance + fuel reimbursement + cell allowance
If you’re qualified for this role … the ball is in your court.
This is what happens next;
1. Email your resume to Sabrina at; firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Ensure the subject line reads; UNSINKABLE – #8D91-MTCHFBL
3. Please don’t send a generic email … where you simply change the “Dear Insert Name” portion.
4. Based on the job description … tell Sabrina what makes you a legitimate contender.