In 1999, Bill Morgan, an Australian truck driver, was involved in a serious motor vehicle accident – and luckily … he survived! Unfortunately, he experienced an extreme, allergic reaction to the medication he was given … resulting in a massive heart attack!
Medical staff successfully revived Bill … but having been clinically dead for 14 minutes (and still lying in a coma) … doctors feared his brain damage would be too severe … and recommended he be removed from life support.
His family refused to “pull the plug” … and 12 days later, Bill woke up … feeling completely fine!
He quit driving trucks … found a new job … and asked his girlfriend to marry him – and she accepted.
Shortly thereafter … while at a local variety store … he purchased a scratch lottery ticket – and won a car!
A local TV station caught wind of Bill’s win (and given his incredible story) … decided to do a feature on him.
To re-enact the event … the TV crew asked Bill to buy and scratch another ticket … as they filmed.
As he was scratching the ticket, he stopped … looked at the camera and said … “I just won $250,000 … I’m not joking”!
And sure enough … he wasn’t!
Bill Morgan had just won the quarter million-dollar, grand prize!
What does this have to do with Match and Fable’s latest role?
Well … not much, really.
That said … our CPG client is looking for a Key Account Manager to join their team … and if you have what they’re looking for … this may be your lucky day!
POSITION: KEY ACCOUNT MANAGER
REPORTS TO: DIRECTOR, SALES
TERRITORY: PRIMARILY GTA (+ SOME WESTERN CANADA CLIENTELE)
OFFICE: OAKVILLE / MISSISSAUGA + HOME OFFICE FLEX
Our client has been in the office products space for more than 100 years … and they’re looking for a Key Account Manager to be responsible for sales targets for both existing and target accounts. (80% farming of existing clientele + 20% hunting of new clients).
Primary focus of the role is to increase sales, market share, and exposure of company’s brand.
Client is extremely interested in candidates who have relationships with companies including; Lowes, Home Depot, Costco, Acklands-Grainger and/or Fastenal.
- Leverage sales resources to drive market intimacy and penetrate an existing account base
- Strategically target new accounts to increase market share
- Achieve annual sales targets and KPIs
- Work with Marketing to develop sales promotions and introduce new products to market
- Correspond with US counterparts to strategize and coordinate market strategy
- Prepare and present retail planogram proposals and off-shelf promos
- Manage account pricing and ensure timely delivery of solutions to client needs & requests
- Ensure clients have current knowledge & digital tools to promote new products and programs and training
- Travel to attending industry events + key client / target meetings (approximately 10 – 15%)
- 3 – 7 years’ CPG sales experience (specifically … retail / mass market)
- All the stuff that a CPG sales professional should know … and be good at!
- Ability to travel (approximately 10 – 15% … and primarily to Western Canada)
- Must have experience working in sales-driven, client–focused organizations
- Excellent communication skills + solid presentation skills + proficiency in MS Office
- Experience with Axapta (or similar ERP software) … a big plus
BASE SALARY: $70,000 – $80,000
BONUS: 8% (at target) + opportunity to exceed
ON-TARGET EARNINGS: $75,000 – $86,000
OTHER:car allowance + mileage + home office flex + RRSPs + excellent benefits
INTERESTED? Then there are 4 things we’ll need from you;
- Please send your resume to Zafreen Kassam at email@example.com
- Ensure subject line of your email reads; SCRATCH –1D91-MTCHFBL
- In a short email … tell Zafreen how your experience fits what we’ve outlined above.
- Please include a link to your social media presence (LinkedIn etc …)