In 1943, as World War II was in full effect … Allied Forces were formulating a plan to attack Sicily.
To increase their odds of success, they decided to try and dupe the Nazis into believing they were, in fact heading towards Greece and Sardinia.
They took the body of a gentleman, named Glyndwr Michael … (who had died from ingesting rat poison) and planted fake, ‘top-secret’ papers in his pockets. These papers detailed the Allied Forces’ plan to attack Greece and Sardinia.
And, to make things appear even more legit … they also planted a photo of a fake girlfriend in, for good measure!
They placed the corpse into the water and let it float to an area near Spain where a Nazi agent came across it.
The plan worked perfectly … and Sicily was liberated far more quickly than anticipated … with fewer casualties than expected.
What does this have to do with Match and Fable’s latest role?
Not much really.
That said … just as the Allied Forces’ operation was a resounding success … Match and Fable’s newest client is looking for an individual who can deliver operational success of their own!
POSITION: OPERATIONS MANAGER
REPORTS TO: GENERAL MANAGER
LOCATION: MISSISSAUGA, ONTARIO
INDUSTRY: CABINET MANUFACTURING
The Operations Manager will organize and coordinate operations administration and procedures to ensure organizational effectiveness. The Ops Manager will be responsible for developing communication protocols, streamlining operations procedures, inventory control, customer service staff supervision and task delegation.
Our client is looking for a true professional with the ability to wear multiple hats! You must be experienced in handling a wide range of operations and executive support related tasks and able to work independently. You must be ultra-organized, flexible and enjoy the business operations challenges of supporting a diverse team.
- Drive continuous improvement in processes and designs including creating/managing/implementing best practices across Canada – in a distribution operations environment
- Develop and coach direct reports and warehouse teams to achieve goals and objectives
- Ensure proper maintenance of building, (Safety, Security & Quality), while mindful of budget
- Manage relationships with vendors, service providers & landlord – managing contracts & negotiations
- Effectively manage client expectations
- Manage office services … ensuring warehouse operations and procedures are optimally organized, correspondences are controlled, filing systems are designed, and supply requisitions are approved
- Establish historical reference for office by outlining procedures for protection, retention, record disposal, retrieval and staff transfers
- Perform review and analysis of special projects and keep management informed
- Participate in the planning and execution of company events
- Allocate resources to enable successful task performance
- Prepare operational reports and schedules – ensuring efficiency
- Runs stock reports (for product availability) and implement policies for stock purchase orders
- Partner with HR Admin to maintain office & warehouse policies
- Warehouse management & Health and Safety Management
- MUST HAVE: 3 to 7 years’ experience managing Operations and staff
- MUST HAVE: Ability to make decisions on the spot
- MUST HAVE: Ability to understand technical documents – product dimensions and installation kits
- MUST HAVE: Ability to work as a team member, motivating and coaching
- NICE TO HAVE: Warehouse Experience + Forklift license
- NICE TO HAVE: Customer Service experience – handling client queries and complaints
BASE SALARY: $58,000 – $63,000
OTHER: 100% medical benefits + RRSP match + 3 weeks’ vacation
INTERESTED? There are 3 things we’ll need from you;
- Send your resume to Zafreen Kassam at email@example.com.
- Ensure subject line of your email reads; MINCEMEAT – MTCHFBL27C91
- In a short email … please tell Zafreen how your experience fits what we’ve outlined above.