In July 1999, Andre Romelle Young (more commonly known as … Dr. Dre) released “The Next Episode”.
This was the third single from his second studio album – featuring Snoop Dogg, Kurupt and Nate Dogg.
Since that time … and as a result of his shrewd business sense, Dr. Dre moved on to producing albums for other artists and launching the wildly successful Beats by Dre headphones.
In May 2014 … Dre sold the Beats business to Apple … for a reported 3 billion dollars! Needless to say, he is now (by far) … the Richest Man in Hip-Hop!
What does this have to do with Match and Fable’s latest role?
Well … nothing, really!
That said … just as Dre moved on from rather humble beginnings in Compton … Mark Vandyke of Match and Fable is on the hunt for a Bar Manager who is ready to step into the ‘next episode’ of their career with our fantastic client in The Six!
POSITION: BAR MANAGER
REPORTS TO: GENERAL MANAGER
LOCATION: TORONTO, ONTARIO
INDUSTRY: RESTAURANT / LOUNGE
With seating for 400+ … Match and Fable’s client is one of downtown Toronto’s greatest concepts. Put very mildly … this restaurant / lounge is absolutely stunning.
Our client is looking for a Bar Manager who knows what it takes to make the bar hum. Someone who can lead a team to represent the brand – impeccably!
- Create and promote and train staff in new specialty drinks
- Prepare weekly schedules for bartender, barback and server staff … to effectively cover all shifts
- Monitor beverage inventory … ensuring adequate stock and pours are in line with brand standards
- Oversee cleanliness of staff and bar area
- Review sales and beverage costs (reconciling inventory)
- Ensure proper cash management
- Dialogue with customers to promote the brand
- Oversee preparation of beverages … ensuring highest quality of product and experience
- MUST HAVE: Creativity + Leadership
- MUST HAVE: 2+ years’ experience as a Bar Manager
- A genuine ‘hands-on’ management style … not an arm-chair quarterback!
- Able to perform at a rapid pace while maintaining high attention to detail
OTHER: incentives + bonuses + vacation + meals + tips
INTERESTED? There are 3 things Mark Vandyke needs from you;
- Send your resume to Mark Vandyke at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Ensure the subject line of your email reads; NEXT EPISODE – 8C91MTCHFBL
- In a short email … please tell Mark how your experience fits what we’ve outlined above.