The phrase “the bee’s knees” gained popularity in the 1920’s.
No one really knows, how the term came to be.
Some claim it has to do with the fact that as a bee travels from flower to flower (then, back to the hive) … it carries pollen on its legs. Naturally … the sweetness of that pollen is collected around their knees.
Others maintain it stems from the phrase ‘the Be all, and End all’ … which, when shortened and said quickly … sounds like you’re saying the phrase … “the B’s ‘n’ E’s”.
In any event … while we don’t know the origin … we do know it stands for something which is highly regarded.
What does this have to do with our latest role?
Well … nothing at all!
That said … now that we have your attention … our client is in expansion mode … and they’ve asked Match and Fable’s Mark Vandyke to help them find a Sales Executive for their GTA region.
POSITION: SALES EXECUTIVE
REPORTS TO: DIRECTOR, SALES
LOCATION: MISSISSAUGA, ONTARIO
INDUSTRY: HOSPITALITY / FOOD SERVICE
Our client is a direct distributor … catering to all sectors of the hospitality industry.
Their portfolio, (which is extensive and unique) … is also exclusive!
This allows them to offer their clientele, ultra-competitive pricing on high-end products.
As a result of business growth … they need to add to their sales team … with a new Sales Executive!
Best part is … they aren’t necessarily set on candidates who’ve been selling in this space.
In fact … they’re very interested in individuals with hospitality experience (in any capacity) … looking to leverage their knowledge and network in a lucrative sales capacity!
- Manage multiple accounts … and be “the face” of the organization
- Achieve sales targets and goals via new business development
- Build new business relationships, utilizing existing industry contacts
- Conduct sales presentations to prospective clientele
- Manage existing client relationships by providing superb service and support
- Provide feedback re; market conditions and suggestions for improvement, to senior management
- Ensure company is aware of all competitive activities within accounts … and prevent attrition
- MUST HAVE: A drive for excellence in product familiarization and presentation
- MUST HAVE: 3 years’ experience in hospitality environment (not necessarily in a sales capacity)
- Able to work at an efficient pace … while managing multiple clients + priorities
BASE SALARY: $45,000
ON-TARGET VARIABLE: $30,000
ON-TARGET EARNINGS: $75,000
INTERESTED? There are 3 things Mark Vandyke needs from you;
- Send your resume to Mark at email@example.com.
- Ensure the subject line of your email reads; BEE’S KNEES – 25B91MTCHFBL
- In a short email … please tell Mark how your experience fits what we’ve outlined above.