In the late 1700’s, in Roscommon, Ireland … a woman named Betty and her son lived in miserable poverty. While it was uncommon for someone raised in such conditions to be literate … Betty was!
She taught her only son to read and write and would constantly remind him that only money could bring him happiness in life. And, when he was old enough … she encouraged him to leave Roscommon and find his fortune – in America!
Years later, one dark evening … a tall, well-dressed gentleman knocked on Betty’s door looking for a place to stay. Betty let him in, and later that night, as he slept … Betty crept into his room, and murdered him for his money!
As Betty rifled through the man’s things … to her horror … she discovered the ‘stranger’ was, in fact … her son!
Overcome by the shock of her actions, Betty ran screaming into the streets … confessing her guilt. She was arrested, stood trial … and was condemned to death – by hanging!
On Execution Day … as Betty and a few other criminals were being led into the yard … they were informed the executioner had “called in sick” … and the sheriff was refusing to personally perform the executions.
Seizing her opportunity … Betty asked that her life be spared … in return for hanging the other prisoners – herself!
The sheriff agreed … and Betty got to work! “Lady Betty” was so efficient and capable … she was appointed as Roscommon’s Hang Woman … a job with a yearly salary … and room and board!
What does this have to do with Match and Fable’s latest role?
Well … not much, really.
That said … Match and Fable’s Zafreen Kassam is looking for an equally efficient and highly capable Senior Project Manager who can ‘execute’ with flawless precision for our client – (pardon the pun)!
POSITION: SENIOR PROJECT MANAGER
REPORTS TO: DIRECTOR, IT STRATEGY & PLANNING
LOCATION: NORTH YORK / VAUGHAN
INDUSTRY: HEALTH CARE
You’ll manage multiple, complex, cross-functional projects from inception to implementation. You’ll implement solutions to benefit the company’s clients and suppliers and will focus on improving internal operational efficiencies. You will be expected to use industry-standard processes to initialize, plan, execute, control and monitor projects.
You’ll need to be proficient in managing the complexities associated with large, enterprise-wide strategic initiatives, and you’ll need to have the ability to communicate with executive-level staff.
- Use project management skills and methodologies to lead/manage complex projects via budget planning, resource procurement, meeting planning/facilitation, conflict resolution, risk mitigation, status reporting
- Manage multiple projects (at various stages of the project life cycle)
- Interface with sponsors to agree on objective, scope, deliverables, timeframes, resources + outcomes
- Provide direction, guidance, and priority setting – at team level
- Ensure all aspects of a project are considered from requirements through to interfaces, training, communication, implementation and regression
- Write project documents (including charters, business requirements, project plan, training, policy and procedures) – using company documentation templates
- Determine quality standards & oversee execution/production of deliverables and management documents
- Drive decision-making process related to business processes or deliverables within project context
- Update stakeholders regarding project delivery progress, barriers, risks and timeline status
- Mentor team members in all aspects of project management
- Ability to travel, when necessary
- MUST HAVE: Undergraduate Degree with 8+ years’ experience as a Project Manager
- PREFERRED: PMP and/or Six Sigma Belt certification preferred
- MUST HAVE: Strong knowledge of Systems Development Life Cycle Methodology
- PREFERRED: Experience as a Business Analyst
- MUST HAVE: MS Office + Visio + Project
- MUST HAVE: Understand QA testing (as it pertains to IT systems)
- MUST HAVE: Experience in Pre-Project Effort or Project Kick-Off
- NICE TO HAVE: Pharma Industry or Supply Chain experience (Ops, Planning, Logistics and Warehousing)
- NICE TO HAVE: Completion of BA or Systems BA courses
BASE SALARY: $85,000 – $105,000
MBO: up to 10%
ON-TARGET EARNINGS: $93,500 – $115,500
OTHER: benefits + rrsp + vacation
INTERESTED? There are 3 things we’ll need from you;
- Send your resume to Zafreen Kassam at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Ensure subject line of your email reads; EXECUTIONER – 12B91-MTCHFBL
- In a short email … please tell Zafreen how your experience fits what we’ve outlined above.