In 1980, the Rubik’s Cube made its worldwide debut … and became an instant craze.
Two years later … the record for solving the peculiar puzzle stood at 22.95 seconds!
29 years later, Feliks Zemdegs would break the 6 second barrier … solving the puzzle in a mere, 5.66 seconds.
Many believed that record would very likely stand the test of time … and breaking the 5 second wall was impossible. That is … until Lucas Etter arrived on the scene.
In November 2015 … 14-year-old Lucas Etter, obliterated Zemdegs’ record while also breaching the 5 second barrier! Etter solved the puzzle in a mind-blowing 4.90 seconds!
So, what does this have to do with Match and Fable’s most recent mandate?
Well … not much really.
That said … while you won’t be expected to solve the Rubik’s Cube … you will be expected to help our client put the pieces together with their rapid expansion efforts!
REPORTS TO: EXECUTIVE CHEF
LOCATION: KILLARNEY, ONTARIO
INDUSTRY: HOTELS & RESORTS
Our client is in the final steps of completing construction of the largest log Conference Center in Northern Ontario. The location will accommodate corporate and wedding events – up to 400 people. This Spring … they will also be launching a new restaurant within the building.
- Train kitchen personnel on food products and food presentation to maintain high quality standards.
- Train all staff in sanitation practices – to ensure compliance with health and legal regulations.
- Work with Executive Chef, GM, Ops Manager and President to plan menus for restaurant and catering operations.
- Expedite food lines & food counters … to ensure food is prepared / presented to highest possible standard.
- Develop policies and procedures to enhance and measure quality.
- Responsible for all ordering (and inventory procedures) ensuring best quality product, minimal waste and proper food costing.
- Monitor scheduling and direct personnel to ensure food preparation is optimized and within budget.
- MUST HAVE: A ‘hands-on’ management style + drive for excellence in product, presentation & service attitude.
- Willing to go the extra mile to accommodate guests … and exceed their expectations.
- MUST HAVE: Minimum 5 years’ experience as chef or sous chef running a premium Steak House restaurant &/or hotel fine dining kitchen
- MUST HAVE: Minimum 3 years’ experience in catering / banquet kitchen operations
- NICE TO HAVE: Resort / Hotel experience – a huge asset
- Able to work at a rapid pace while maintaining highest attention to detail; ability to multi-task
SALARY: $50,000 – $55,000 + incentives + bonuses
OTHER: vacation + housing + meals
INTERESTED? There are 3 things Mark Vandyke needs from you;
- Send your resume to Mark at email@example.com.
- Ensure the subject line of your email reads; THE ‘PUZZLE’ ROLE – 22A91MTCHFBL
- In a short email … please tell Mark how your experience fits what we’ve outlined above.