Growing up in my neighborhood, there came a time … (usually around the age of 10 or 11), when you realized you didn’t want to be looked at as a ‘kid’ anymore.
And there was only one way to gain the ‘street cred’ that required.
That rite of passage was … none other than … ‘Nicky-Nicky 9 Door’!
In my neighbourhood … ‘Nicky-Nicky 9 Door’ (also called … ‘Ding-Dong-Ditch’) had four, fixed rules;
RULE #1: It had to ‘go down’ on a Saturday night … after dark.
(So … if your parents insisted you had to be home “when the street lights came on” … you pretty much disqualified yourself!)
RULE #2: You couldn’t knock on the screen door … it had to be the ‘real’ door!
(Having to open the screen door wasted precious seconds … increasing the odds of getting caught.)
RULE #3: You had to knock 3 distinct times.
(Ringing the doorbell, while knocking would elevate you to legendary status!)
RULE #4: You couldn’t pick the target house … that was always decided for you!
(And, it was usually a house with a crazy dog … or heaven forbid, the house everyone insisted was haunted.)
So … what does this have to do with Match and Fable’s latest role?
That said … if you consider it … ‘Nicky-Nicky 9 Door’ was my initiation into the world of cold-calling.
Our client’s organization is a well-known brand … famous for developing top-shelf sales professionals.
In fact … you’d be hard pressed to find a better organization to launch your sales career in the right direction.
Are you tired of 100% commission sales roles … or plying your trade in a dead-end industry? If so … consider this ‘opportunity knocking’.
Match and Fable’s Sabrina Galli is looking for a sales professional with as little as 6 month to 1 year of hunter-type, B2B sales experience.
Our client will also consider, accomplished Inside Sales professionals, looking to step out from behind the desk … and take on an Outside Sales position.
POSITION: SALES EXECUTIVE
REPORTS TO: REGIONAL SALES MANAGER
TERRITORY: CONCORD + RICHMOND HILL + AURORA + NEWMARKET
- Responsible for building a client base through regular, territory sales calls
- Prospect a geographic territory, targeting potential clients to initiate long-term partnerships
- This role is 90% hunting and 10% farming
- Provide consultative sales approach – creating value for both the client and the organization
- Manage territory performance targets, while maintaining client satisfaction and overall results
- Identify and prioritize high potential sales opportunities
- MUST HAVE: Post-secondary education
- MUST HAVE: The desire to learn from the best and put in the effort to succeed
- Minimum 6 months of sales experience (B2B … not B2C)
BASE SALARY: $47,500
ON-TARGET VARIABLE: $60,000 (… and that’s not a typo)
ON-TARGET EARNINGS: $107,500 (uncapped)
OTHER: rrsp + benefits + car allowance + gas card + cell allowance
WHAT NOW? If you’re qualified for this role … the ball is in your court.
- Email your resume to Sabrina Galli at; email@example.com.
- Ensure the subject line reads; NICKY-NICKY 9 DOOR – 22A91MTCHFBL
- Please don’t send a generic email … where you simply change the “Dear Insert Name” portion.
- Based on our job description … tell Sabrina what makes you a legitimate contender.