Victor Lustig was born January 4, 1890 in Hostinné, Austria-Hungary (present day Czech Republic). Lustig was an extremely skilled con-man and is infamous for being “the man who sold the Eiffel Tower – twice”!
He’s also known for originating the “Rumanian Box” scam – aka the Money Box.
Lustig would approach an individual with a ‘machine’ he claimed could duplicate any currency placed inside it. The ‘machine’ was a specially designed mahogany box with two small slots and a number of levers and mechanisms that had to be carefully maneuvered to produce the duplicate currency.
To convince the person the Money Box truly worked, Lustig asked them for a $100 bill.
He would insert the bill into his device, and explain that the machine would take 6 hours to create the copy.
When the 6 hours had passed … Lustig would reach into the machine and magically produce a perfect ‘counterfeit’ bill (which was in fact, a real $100 bill he had pre-loaded)!
Lustig would then accompany the individual to a bank to authenticate the note.
Once the person was whipped into a frenzy (thinking they’d struck it rich) … Lustig would sell them the box for thousands and thousands of dollars.
Before delivering the machine … Lustig would pack the Money Box with 4 real $100 bills … which would provide him with 24 hours to get out of town … before the individual realized they’d been conned.
What does this have to do with Match and Fable’s latest role?
We’re sure you’d agree … Victor Lustig certainly didn’t care about providing his clients with a wonderful experience … but our client certainly does!
And that’s why they’ve asked Match and Fable’s Mark Vandyke to help them find a Guest Services Manager
POSITION: GUEST SERVICES MANAGER
REPORTS TO: OPERATIONS MANAGER
LOCATION: KILLARNEY, ONTARIO
INDUSTRY: HOTELS & RESORTS
Match and Fable’s client provides absolutely delightful guest experiences for their clientele … in beautiful Northern Ontario. They’re looking for an individual who can help take that experience to a whole new level … as their business continues to grow!
- Review and monitor processes in collaboration with the Management Team and Standards of Excellence for Front Desk, Concierge and Reservations groups
- Review and monitor guest relationship management strategies within the team to exceed expectations
- Responsible for training, scheduling and daily management
- Responsible for the data accuracy and handling of guest records
- Elite-level customer service skills … able to listen carefully and multitask
- 2 – 3 years of experience as a Hotel Front Desk Clerk or Reservations Agent
- 1 – 2 years as a Front Desk Manager or Guest Services Manager
- Experience in all aspects of customer service and people management
- Demonstrated ability to lead and direct a team
OTHER: vacation + housing + meals
INTERESTED? There are 3 things Mark Vandyke needs from you;
- Send your resume to Mark Vandyke at email@example.com.
- Ensure the subject line of your email reads; MONEY BOX– 9A91MTCHFBL
- In a short email … please tell Mark how your experience fits what we’ve outlined. above.