In 18th century Britain … alarm clocks were neither reliable … nor cheap!
Even so … people still had to make sure they woke up on-time to get to work!
So … what did they do?
Well … they did what all their neighbours were doing.
They hired a “knocker-upper” to rouse them from their slumber.
This individual would carry a baton and knock on clients’ doors.
If clients lived on higher floors … they’d use a long stick … (often made from bamboo) to reach their bedroom windows.
The “knocker-upper” wouldn’t leave a client’s window until they were certain their client had climbed out of bed.
In return, the knocker-up would be paid a few pence a week.
Talk about a lousy job!?!?
What does this have to do with Match and Fable’s latest role?
Well, nothing. Nothing at all.
This role is certainly not lousy … and the remuneration is a far cry from a few pence per week! Our client is looking for a senior, technical sales professional with experience selling into Tier 1 automotive.
POSITION: SENIOR AUTOMATION SALES PROFESSIONAL
LOCATION: BARRIE / NEWMARKET AREA
INDUSTRY: AUTOMATION SYSTEMS
CALLING ON: TIER 1 AUTOMOTIVE INDUSTRY (+ OTHER INDUSTRIES)
Our client is a World Class manufacturer of automation systems for industrial, commercial and service & assembly sectors. Their products and level of experience coupled with their focus on client satisfaction truly sets them apart.
They’re looking for an experienced and highly technical sales professional with experience selling automation & welding processes for manufacturing & production all types of businesses.
- New business acquisition and building a client base through regular sales calls
- Pro-actively target Tier 1 automotive clients … to initiate long-term partnerships
- Particular focus to expand client base … outside of automotive industry
- Provide a consultative sales approach and respond to RFPs, RFIs and RFQs
- Manage territory performance and identify & prioritize high potential sales opportunities
- Mentor, coordinate and manage team of application engineers
- Strat & BP initiatives, plan development & execution
- MUST HAVE: Engineering degree (Mechanical, Industrial or Mechatronics)
- MUST HAVE: 10+ years of technical sales experience, selling automation
- Experience responding to RFPs, RFIs and RFQs
- Experience selling complex automation solutions … at senior levels
- Experience leading a team of application engineers
- NICE TO HAVE: Experience in pulp molding
- NOTE: Client may consider candidates who have similar experience outside of Tier 1 Automotive.
BASE SALARY: $110,000 – $120,000
ON-TARGET VARIABLE: $40,000 (uncapped)
ON-TARGET EARNINGS: $150,000 – $160,000
OTHER: car allowance + benefits
INTERESTED? Then … there are 3 things we need from you;
1. Please send your resume to Mark Krpan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Ensure subject line of your email reads; THE KNOCKER-UPPER – 3A91-MTCHFBL
3. In a short email … explain how your experience fits what we’ve outlined above.