As a 10-year old boy … Wayne Gretzky was playing for his hometown team – the Brantford Nadrofsky Steelers. That year, he scored an astonishing 378 goals in 68 games – an average of 5.6 goals per game!
Wayne would go on to play 21 seasons in his professional hockey career … amassing a stunning 2,857 points – (nearly 1,000 more points than the next closest player)!
Gretzky holds more than 100 NHL records, including (get this) … the record for holding the most records!
What does this have to do with Match and Fable’s latest role?
Well … not much really.
That said, our client is based in Edmonton … the city where Gretzky won all 4 of his Stanley Cups.
They’ve asked Match and Fable’s Mark Vandyke to find them an Executive Chef.
And … they made it a point to emphasize … they want a “Great One”!
Our client is looking for someone to be a real mentor … and lead their culinary brigade into the future. This critical position oversees “all things food” – from concessions to fine dining – to wine pairings!
This individual will foster a culture of teamwork and hospitality to create opportunities for their staff to grow and develop. For someone with the right ‘jam’ …. this is one exciting and challenging role!
POSITION: EXECUTIVE CHEF
REPORTS TO: GENERAL MANAGER
LOCATION: EDMONTON, ALBERTA
- Directly supervise kitchen personnel with responsibility for hiring, discipline, performance reviews etc …
- Train and manage kitchen personnel and supervise/coordinate all culinary activities
- Accurately estimate food consumption and requisition
- Select and develop recipes, standardize production recipes to ensure consistent quality
- Establish presentation techniques and quality standards + plan and price menus
- No more than 20% of this role’s time will be spent cooking
- Oversee special catering events and offer culinary instruction / demonstrate culinary techniques
- MUST HAVE: 10+ years of industry & culinary management experience
- MUST HAVE: Bachelor’s Degree … or related culinary degree (preferably a CEC)
- Experience managing in a diverse environment with a focus on client and customer service
- A genuine, ‘hands-on’ management style
- Experience with control food & labor cost, demonstration cooking, menu development and pricing
- Practical experience developing a culinary team
- P&L accountability and contract-managed service experience
SALARY: $120,000 – $135,000
OTHER: vacation + benefits + an absolutely wonderful role
INTERESTED? There are 3 things Mark Vandyke needs from you;
1. Send your resume to Mark at email@example.com.
2. Ensure the subject line of your email reads; THE ‘GREAT ONE’ ROLE – 19I81MTCHFBL
3. In a short email … please tell Mark how your experience fits what we’ve outlined above.