On March 23, 1965 … Gus Grissom and John Young blasted-off into space on the Gemini III capsule.
One of their objectives was to determine how astronauts could eat … ‘mess-free’ during space missions.
Apparently … the hazards of crumbs in space are substantial … as they can drift through the cabin and lodge themselves inside critical instrument panels. As such … the food on the Gemini III was humdrum … to say the least … consisting of squeezy tubes and small, plastic packages.
Unbeknownst to Grissom … one of John Young’s colleagues had stopped at a local deli to pick-up a Corned Beef on Rye. 2 hours into the mission … Young pulled the sandwich from his pocket … and handed it to Grissom.
After the first bite … they soon realized the resulting crumbs were not favourable in zero-gravity conditions! Needless to say, neither NASA nor Congress were amused. Young was severely reprimanded … and extensive regulations were put in place for future missions!
What does this have to do with Match and Fable’s latest role?
That said … just as a space shuttle requires a solid launching pad … so too does a sales career … and this role is the perfect launching pad for a sales professional looking to venture down this path!
By the way … our client is open to Inside Sales professionals looking to step out from behind the desk … and jump into an outside role.
POSITION: SALES EXECUTIVE
REPORTS TO: REGIONAL SALES MANAGER
INDUSTRY: MARKETING / ADVERTISING
Our client is a well-oiled team of professional, energetic and goal-oriented individuals who help clients develop and execute pin-point marketing strategies. The data and tools at the sales person’s disposal is truly top-shelf!
Based in your respective territory … you will seek out clients and help them with their marketing strategies.
This role involves short-term sales activity with a 1 to 2-month sales cycle and the ability to develop and implement long-term strategies to ensure client retention and continue building future business relationships.
- Establish and build account relationships with key decision makers – across all departments
- Achieve sales targets for new business and renewals
- Develop unique strategies (short and long term) to meet the goals of clients in your territory
- Live and exude the company’s core values
- MUST HAVE: 6 months to 1 year of sales experience (inside or outside sales)
- MUST HAVE: Valid driver’s license and vehicle
- Capable of achieving targets via self-motivation, tenacity and determination
- Strong communication skills … comfortable making cold calls … & setting-up appointments
- Proficient in MS Office (Excel, Word, Power Point)
BASE SALARY: $33,000 – $36,000
ON-TARGET VARIABLE: $18,000 – $30,000
ON-TARGET EARNINGS: $50,000 – $66,000 (uncapped)
OTHER: car allowance + vacation + benefits
INTERESTED? There are 4 things we need from you;
- Send your resume to Sabrina Galli at email@example.com.
- Ensure the subject line of your email reads; THE ‘LAUNCHING PAD’ ROLE – 28H81MTCHFBL
- In a short email … please tell Sabrina how your experience fits what we’ve outlined above.
- Please include a link to your social media presence (LinkedIn etc …)