Margaret Hilda Roberts grew up in Grantham, England … in an apartment above her family’s grocery store.
A strong student, she attended Grantham Girls’ High School … and eventually earned a degree in Chemistry from Oxford. Margaret briefly entered the world of politics and then studied law … graduating in 1953.
Returning to politics shortly after … Margaret (now Thatcher) was appointed to Secretary of State for Education and Science … and 9 years later … became Britain’s first lady Prime Minister – a position she held until 1990.
A staunch conservative … Thatcher tackled many delicate issues including Britain’s wicked recession, massive privatization … and the Falklands War of 1982.
Interestingly enough …. she also survived an assassination attempt by the IRA in 1984.
Along with her ally, US President Ronald Reagan … “The Iron Lady” played a significant role in weakening Soviet Communism and the subsequent collapse of it’s structure. It’s been said Margaret Thatcher was more popular with the Russian people … than she was in her own country!
What does this have to do with Match and Fable’s latest role?
Well … nothing really.
That said … Kelly Meadows of Match and Fable is looking for an Operations Manager who exhibits many of the fine qualities of a natural leader (like Thatcher) … who can make an immediate impact in this role!
POSITION: PHARMACY OPERATIONS MANAGER
LOCATION: BARRIE, ONTARIO
INDUSTRY: SPECIALTY PHARMACY (MANUFACTURING)
The Operations Manager is accountable for efficiently managing operations, staff, budgets and equipment to ensure desired business outcomes are achieved.
They will drive customer accountability and ensure client expectations are consistently achieved. Leadership and development of staff is a vital component of this role.
- Overall accountability for day-to-day management of operations site and clinical teams
- Ensure customer satisfaction levels are achieved for new and current accounts, consistent with contracted service levels, timelines and budgets … including legal & regulatory standards
- Recommend, implement and drive continuous improvement activities through implementation of change management processes … and best practices
- P&L management for operations site and participation in annual budget development
- Collaborate with internal groups to support client relationships
- Work with colleagues to ensure all regulatory obligations (OCP & Health Canada) are met
- Responsible for accuracy of final products being provided to clients, specifically work with staff to limit medication errors by building a patient safety culture
- Maintain adequate inventory levels of all inventory control systems to guard against “out of stocks” and “overstocks”
- Monitor expired inventory and ensure proper handling of these items to minimize financial loss
- Ensure patient confidentiality and privacy is protected
- Foster a “ground-up” culture of accountability, collaboration and continuous improvement delivering measurable qualitative and quantitative results
- Improve labour utilization within existing departments and processes.
- Ensure schedule stability … allowing for maximum return on efficiencies … and manage to labour targets
- Lead team to achieve operational and performance goals for the site … and develop organizational talent
- Provide guidance to team members on building strong relationships with internal and external clients
- Ontario Registered Pharmacist (in good standing)
- 5+ years of progressive operation and managerial experience within Healthcare or Manufacturing environment
- Strong leadership skills, with the ability to manage others while adhering to company values and policies
- Quality process certification (TQM, ISO9000, Six Sigma)
- Ability to lead and influence cross functional teams
- Strong relationship building capabilities and capacity to work in a fast paced, multiple project environment
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
SALARY: $115,000 – $120,000
OTHER: bonus + vacation + rrsp + stock + pension + medical benefits + company discounts
PLEASE NOTE: This is a FULL-TIME role and candidate must be a regulated pharmacist (OCP) with Management experience
INTERESTED? There are 3 things Kelly needs from you;
- Please send your resume to Kelly Meadows at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Ensure the subject line of your email reads; THE IRON LADY ROLE – MAF29E81
- In a short email … please tell Kelly how your experience fits what we’ve outlined above.