Born in St. Paul, Minnesota … Herb Brooks enjoyed a relatively successful career as a hockey player.
However … his name would be etched into history once he hung up his skates and took a position behind the bench.
On February 22, 1980 … in Lake Placid, New York, the team Brooks had fashioned from a patchwork of US college and other amateur players took the ice in a semi-final game against an all-star line up from the USSR.
His group of underdogs pulled off one of the most memorable upsets in the annals of ice hockey history … by defeating the Soviets by a score of 4-3 … in what is referred to as “The Miracle on Ice”.
When Jim McKay, (host of ABC’s Wide World of Sports) was asked to describe what viewers had just witnessed … he said … “That may be the greatest upset in sports history” adding that it was the equivalent of an all-star football team of Canadian college boys beating the Pittsburgh Steelers!
What does this have to do with Match and Fable’s latest role?
Well … nothing, really!
That said … my client is looking for an equally strong leader to lead their sales team in in Eastern Canada!
POSITION: DIRECTOR, SALES
REPORTS TO: VICE-PRESIDENT, SALES
SCOPE: EASTERN CANADA (ONTARIO + QUEBEC + ATLANTIC)
OFFICE: HOME BASED (FROM GTA / HAMILTON)
My client is a multi-national organization with incredible brand recognition!
Based from a home office and reporting to the VP, Sales … the Director will influence the development of the sales strategy and execute the plan to support business growth … while focusing on developing the Eastern Canadian division.
- The Director, Sales will assist in strategic planning and execution of sales and marketing initiatives to integrate sustainable growth within existing and emerging markets
- Mentor, coach and develop the sales organization to perfect their selling skills and achieve targets
- Set clear objectives … remove legitimate roadblocks … and lead the charge!
- Analyze sales activity and determine action plans to capitalize on opportunities and increase profitability
- Establish targets for the team … based on company objectives and develop a strategy to achieve same
- Prioritize and direct daily, weekly and monthly objectives, including sales activities, to ensure execution
- Develop & maintain positive & credible relationships with all levels, both internally & externally
- 5+ years in a sales management / leadership role
- An additional 5+ years of sales experience (in progressive roles)
- STRONG PREFERENCE: for experience in Commercial markets; (Industrial, Healthcare, Gov’t or Jan/San)
- A university degree
- Genuinely smart … with a desire to work in a client-centric environment
- Strong leadership skills … a coach and motivator who can build relationships resulting in performance
- Ability to travel … across Eastern Canada and to the USA (approximately 35%)
BASE SALARY: $120,000 – $130,000
ON-TARGET MBO: $40,000 (uncapped)
ON-TARGET EARNINGS: $160,000 – $170,000 (uncapped + bonuses)
OTHER: car allowance + home office + benefits + some cool perks!
INTERESTED? There are 4 things we’ll need from you;
- Please send your resume to Mark Krpan at email@example.com.
- Ensure the subject line of your email reads; THE ‘HERB BROOKS’ ROLE – 1D81-MTCHFBL
- In a short but juicy email … please tell Mark how your experience fits what we’ve outlined above.
- Please include a link to your social media presence (LinkedIn etc …)