You’ve definitely heard the phrase … and you know it has to do with revealing a secret … but how did it originate?
Well … sometime in or around the 1700s, people bought and sold piglets from one another – in bags.
Every so often … certain underhanded individuals would try and slip a few cats into the bag (since cats were worth far less than piglets) … to try and increase profitability!
If a discerning buyer was to open the bag and let a cat out … the scam was exposed!
What does this have to do with Match and Fable’s latest role?
Well … absolutely nothing!
That said … if you’re a pharmacist living in Victoria (or looking to move there) … Match and Fable’s Kelly Meadows would love to reveal a secret to you, as well.
POSITION: CLINICAL CONSULTING PHARMACIST
LOCATION: VICTORIA, BC
The clinical consulting pharmacist acts as a leader and oversees the pharmacy while reviewing and managing the medication regimens of patients, particularly those in institutional settings such as nursing homes.
They will ensure patients’ medications are suitable, safe as possible and are being used correctly … and will identify, resolve and prevent medication-related problems that may interfere with the goals of therapy.
- Oversee patient care and all pharmacy operations alongside the Pharmacy Manager
- Work as a consultant providing expert advice on use of medications or provision of pharmacy services to medical institutions, medical practices and individual patients
- Maintain healthy customer relations with Long-Term Care facilities, in conjunction with pharmacy team
- Work with healthcare team to develop strategies to meet facility’s goals for reduction of medication usage while optimizing resident care
- Teaching and orientation of support clinicians and liaising closely with nursing management teams at each facility to ensure safe and efficient medication management procedures are being practiced
- Successful completion of University Degree (Bachelors of Science in Pharmacy) or equivalent
- Licensed and in good standing with the British Columbia College of Pharmacists
- Minimum of 1 year of retail pharmacy practice experience
- Excellent command of English communication skills
- Knowledge of community pharmacy and/or LTC
- Valid Drivers License
SALARY: $48.00 / HOUR + BONUS
OTHER: Full-time Days (Monday to Friday)
CLIENT IS OPEN TO PROVIDING A RELOCATION BONUS AND SUPPORT FOR THE RIGHT CANDIDATE
OTHER: benefits, vacation, rrsp, company car / insurance package
INTERESTED? There are 3 things Kelly needs from you;
- Please send your resume to Kelly Meadows at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Ensure the subject line of your email reads THE ‘CAT IN THE BAG’ ROLE – #25C81-MTCHFBL.
- In a short email … please tell Kelly how your experience fits this role.