In 1967, President Lyndon B. Johnson helped establish a single telephone number to be designated for callers to use in emergencies across America.
In 1968, ‘911’ became the national emergency number for the USA … with Canada following suit in 1972.
Interestingly enough … North America’s very first emergency number (999) had been introduced in Winnipeg nearly a decade earlier!
Eight women operators were dedicated to this emergency number and, get this … they only hired women … because the budget was too small to pay men ($200.00 -vs- $345.00 per month)!
What does this have to do with my role?
That said … the Registered Nurse role Kelly Meadows is working on in Trenton, Ontario is WICKED URGENT … (but we won’t call 911)
POSITION: REGISTERED NURSE
OFFICE: TRENTON, ONTARIO
INDUSTRY: NURSING (MENTAL HEALTH)
The Mental Health Nurse is responsible for the assessing, diagnosing, developing and implementing a care plan, as well as evaluating mental health nursing care.
Along with the healthcare team (within a primary care setting), the RN will focus on chronic disease and repatriated patients … ensuring patients have timely and efficient access to therapy.
The RN will provide exceptional nursing care using patient-focused health care plans as a framework for care.
- Follow all Health Information and Records Management documentation standards and polices
- Some light travel and tasks via tele-health or video conferencing (ie) diagnosis, consultation, treatment etc.
- Provide clinical preceptorship to trainees or Clinical Supervision of Unlicensed Healthcare Providers
- Participate in quality activities and continuous improvement in keeping with Quality Management System
- Conduct bio-psychosocial assessments and develop individualized treatment plans with patients
- Provide direct client care and interventions based on the prescribed treatment plan consistent with psychiatric illness and diagnosis in the diagnostic and statistics manual of mental health disorders
- Participate in inter-disciplinary team meetings related to clinical care and service delivery
- Complete deployment health related activities, (pre-deployment or enhanced post-deployment interviews)
- Design / revise PowerPoint presentations for psycho-educational sessions (anger, stress management)
- Registered Nurse Diploma or BA in Nursing Certificate in Mental Health Nursing (in good standing)
- 2-5 years’ experience in Mental Health, Addictions (or related)
- Psychiatric/Mental Health Nursing from the Canadian Nurses Association (CNA)
- RN license from provincial professional college or association (in province of practice)
- Driver’s License
- Certificate of Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Provider
- Resuscitation/Automated External Defibrillator (CPR/AED) Level C
- Current N95 mask fit certificate CSA Standards Z94.4
- All immunizations and criminal record checks up to date
- Excellent communication skills and organization skills with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
SALARY: $42.00 / HOUR
OTHER: health benefits (starting day 1) + vacation
PLEASE NOTE: This is a contract to hire Full-Time and/or Part-Time. Days Monday to Friday
INTERESTED? There are 3 things Kelly needs from you;
- Please send your resume to Kelly Meadows at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Ensure the subject line of your email reads; THE 911 ROLE – MTCHFBL-7C81
- In a short email … please tell Kelly how your experience fits what we’ve outlined above.