In 1985 … at the age of 22, Garry Kasparov stunned the chess world when he defeated Anatoly Karpov … and was crowned the youngest ever, undisputed … World Chess Champion!
Kasparov continued to hold the title for an unbelievable 15 years … until he was finally unseated by Vladimir Kramnik in 2000.
How was Kasparov so successful … and for so long?
Bottom line … the strategy with which he approached the game was unmatched.
It’s been said Kasparov played the game 12 to 15 moves ahead of his opponent!
What does this have to with Match and Fable’s latest role?
Well … nothing really.
That said … we are looking for an individual who can apply a winning sales strategy to our client’s business … similar to how Kasparov approached a chess game!
POSITION: ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE
REPORTS TO: DIRECTOR, SALES
TERRITORY: K/W + CAMBRIDGE + HAMILTON / NIAGARA + BURLINGTON
INDUSTRY: HOME BUILDING / HARDWARE SUPPLIES
Our client is a national retailer of quality hardware for cabinetry, in the home building and design space.
Based from a home office and reporting to the Director of Sales, you will be responsible for both business development (75%) and account management (25%) in the Kitchener / Cambridge / Waterloo through Hamilton-Niagara + Burlington territory.
This role requires an individual with a structured and disciplined sales success.
Someone who has the ability to handle a large geographic territory and absolutely delight their clientele.
We’re looking for an internally driven candidate … who knows how to get the job done!
We need a farmer with a hunter mentality … and the ability to ‘hug’ clients to keep them loyal to the brand.
- Work independently to prospect and secure new accounts across the territory
- Maintain an active network of current clients and a funnel of new opportunities
- Ensure client retention by providing tailored, value-added solutions
- Full cycle sales process from prospecting through to closing … and post sales
- MUST HAVE: 1 to 3 years of B2B sales experience (hunting and farming)
- BIG PLUS: Experience in the building/design hardware and supplies industry
- Must be inspired … and not need a fire lit beneath you to get down to business
- Must have strong entrepreneurial skills and the ability to work independently
BASE SALARY: $50,000 – $55,000
ON-TARGET VARIABLE: $5,000 – $10,000
ON-TARGET EARNINGS: $55,000 – $65,000 (uncapped)
OTHER: home office + benefits
INTERESTED? Then there are 4 things we need from you;
- Please send your resume to Sabrina Galli at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Ensure the subject line of your email reads THE ‘KASPAROV’ ROLE – 26A81-MTCHFBL
- In a short email … tell Sabrina how your experience fits what we’ve outlined above.
- Please include a link to your social media presence (LinkedIn etc …)