Admittedly … not a term heard often these days.
That is … unless you hang around Match and Fable’s offices!
One of its meanings refers to something being ‘hot’ … as in, attractive or desirable.
For example, “Match and Fable is hotter than a 3-dollar pistol”!
Where did the term originate?
Well … back in the mid-1800’s … gun manufacturers like; Remington, Smith & Wesson and Winchester were selling a boat load of pistols.
As is often the case … counterfeiters recognized an opportunity to capitalize on the opportunity and make a quick buck.
To keep their pistol prices super low … their manufacturing processes and standards were naturally, extremely shoddy. Mismatched parts resulted in misaligned chambers and barrels … causing a slew of problems when fired!
In fact, in some cases … these pistols would actually explode in the shooter’s hand!
What does this have to do with Match and Fable’s latest role?
Well … not much, really.
That said … this role is absolutely hotter than a 3-dollar pistol … and won’t last long!
POSITION: DIRECTOR, SALES
REPORTS TO: VICE-PRESIDENT, SALES
SCOPE: EASTERN CANADA (ONTARIO + QUEBEC + ATLANTIC)
OFFICE: HOME BASED (FROM GTA)
My client is a multi-national organization with incredible brand recognition!
Based from a home office and reporting to the VP, Sales … the Director will influence the development of the sales strategy and execute the plan to support business growth … while focusing on developing the Eastern Canadian division.
- The Director, Sales will assist in strategic planning and execution of sales and marketing initiatives to integrate sustainable growth within existing and emerging markets
- Mentor, coach and develop the sales organization to perfect their selling skills and achieve targets
- Set clear objectives … remove legitimate roadblocks … and lead the charge!
- Analyze sales activity and determine action plans to capitalize on opportunities and increase profitability
- Establish targets for the team … based on company objectives and develop a strategy to achieve same
- Prioritize and direct daily, weekly and monthly objectives, including sales activities, to ensure execution
- Develop & maintain positive & credible relationships with all levels, both internally & externally
- 5+ years in a sales management / leadership role
- An additional 5+ years of sales experience (in progressive roles)
- A university degree
- MUST HAVE experience in Commercial markets; (Industrial, Healthcare, Government or Jan/San)
- Genuinely smart … with a desire to work in a results oriented, client-centric environment
- Strong leadership skills … a coach and motivator who can build relationships resulting in performance
- Ability to travel … across Eastern Canada and to the USA (approximately 33%)
BASE SALARY: $120,000 – $130,000
ON-TARGET MBO: $40,000 (uncapped)
ON-TARGET EARNINGS: $160,000 – $170,000 (uncapped + bonuses)
OTHER: car allowance + home office + benefits + some cool perks!
INTERESTED? There are 4 things we’ll need from you;
- Please send your resume to Mark Krpan at email@example.com.
- Ensure the subject line of your email reads; THE ‘3 DOLLAR PISTOL’ ROLE – 18A81-MTCHFBL
- In a short but juicy email … please tell Mark how your experience fits what we’ve outlined above.
- Please include a link to your social media presence (LinkedIn etc …)