If you’re a James Bond fan, you’ve certainly watched the opening scene in Goldfinger … where Bond emerges from the water in a wetsuit and after a quick fight and rigging an explosion … peels off the wet suit, to reveal a dry tuxedo … and lights himself a cigarette!
In November 1941, Peter Tazelaar (a Dutch agent working for the Secret Service) plunged into the waters off the Dutch coast. His mission – to infiltrate a Nazi-occupied casino and free two captured agents!
Stealthily, Tazelaar swam to the docks. He discarded his specially designed scuba suit and, (just like in the movie) … stood there, dry as a bone, in a tuxedo of his own!
He removed a flask from his suit jacket and doused himself in cognac.
Pretending to be drunk … Peter stumbled past the Nazi guards, entered the casino, tracked down the agents … and completed his mission!
What’s this have to do with Match and Fable’s latest role?
Not much really.
That said, our client is looking for a Canadian Director of Sales who can complete a few ‘missions’ of their own!
The SVP of this iconic organization has the strategy … what he’s in need of, is a strong sales leader who can step in and execute.
Based from their offices in Mississauga … you will manage a national sales team and play a key role in driving the business forward.
Ultimately … you will own the sales results of the entire commercial team.
POSITION: DIRECTOR, SALES
REPORTING TO: SVP, SALES & MARKETING
- Work closely with Executive Leadership Team to optimize and execute the sales strategy for Canada
- In conjunction with SVP … establish annual targets for national sales team and ensure attainment
- Instill a consultative, solution-selling, high-performance sales culture
- Execute quarterly and bi-weekly status calls with sales team to facilitate business growth
- Lead account planning / status meetings, re-enforcing focus and accountability within the Sales team
- Assist with the implementation of SalesForce CRM in 2018
- Assess sales team training requirements and work with training department to create customized programs
- 5 – 10 years as a sales leader (managing a team of sales professionals)
- University degree (at a minimum) … MBA, preferred
- Incredible drive and motivation person and a history of consistently achieving business goals
- I hate this term … but the role truly requires an Out-of-the-Box thinker who can execute … flawlessly
- B2B / Transportation sales experience is an extremely desired asset
- Travel across Canada … (25% to 30%)
BASE SALARY: $130,000 – $142,500
ON-TARGET MBO: 25%
ON-TARGET EARNINGS: $162,500 – $178,125
OTHER: benefits + car allowance
WHAT NOW? If you’re qualified and interested … this is what happens next;
Email your resume to Mark at; firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ensure the subject line reads; THE ‘REAL 007’ ROLE – (22L17MTCHFBL).
Don’t send a generic email … where you simply change the “Dear Insert Name” portion.
Based on the description … tell Mark what you feel makes you a legitimate contender for this role.