At the age of 10 … Michael A. Fox moved to Burnaby, BC where he attended Burnaby Central Secondary School.
Long story short … at the age of 18, Fox moved to Los Angeles to further his acting career.
Needless to say … the move worked out splendidly and the films he has acted in are famous – worldwide!
Interestingly enough … when Michael registered with the Screen Actors Guild, he was informed another actor was already registered under the name. In his autobiography, “Lucky Man: A Memoir”, Michael explains he didn’t like the sound of ‘Michael A. Fox’ and chose to replace it with a ‘J’ … as an homage to Michael J. Pollard.
What does this have to do with our current role?
Well … nothing really.
That said … this role is located in Burnaby … so there’s the connection … (albeit a small one)!
POSITION: PHARMACY DATA ENTRY ASSISTANT
REPORTS TO: MANAGER, PHARMACY SERVICES
LOCATION: BURNABY, BC
Under the supervision of the Manager, Pharmacy Services, the Data Entry Assistant will support the Pharmacists and Registered Pharmacy Technicians by inputting prescriptions via pharmacy software, updating patient profile information, generating and maintaining long-term care data.
- Deliver superior customer service
- Perform all technical aspects of dispensing prescriptions, including receiving the order/refill, procuring complete and current information, computer entry, preparation and labeling in an efficient, accurate and timely fashion. This may include compounding or reconstituting if requested by pharmacist
- Inputting prescriptions using pharmacy software, updating patient profile information, generating, maintenance and inputting of long-term care data
- Assist with maintenance of pharmacy equipment including computers, heat sealers, fax machines, PacMed and PacVision
- Clerical duties include completing all records, documentation and patient or third-party billings/charges, preparing receipts, invoices, letters, memos and general filing
- 1+ years’ experience working as a Pharmacy Assistant
- Long-Term Care experience, preferred
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to work independently and thrive in a busy team environment
- Kroll software or equivalent software experience. required
- Diploma from a Pharmacy Assistant program, preferred
HOURLY WAGE: $17.00 to $19.00 per hour
OTHER: benefits + pension plan
There are 3 things we need from you;
- Please send your resume to Kelly Meadows at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Ensure the subject line of your email reads THE ‘MICHAEL J. FOX’ ROLE – 16L71MTCHFBL
- In a short email … please tell Kelly how your experience fits what we’ve outlined above.