In 1829, William ‘Red’ Hill, Jr. strapped himself into a barrel and went over the Niagara Falls.
72 years later, in 1901 … Annie Edson Taylor went over the same falls … in a barrel of her own.
Annie was successful … escaping with her life.
Unfortunately … ‘Red’ was not!
What does this have to do with our latest role?
Well … not much, really!
That said … our client is looking for someone who can emulate the success of Annie, and not the failure of ‘Red’.
Naturally … you won’t be expected to go over the Falls in a barrel … but … you will be expected to perform some amazing feats as they relate to the following job description!
POSITION: PHARMACY SPECIALIST (PHARMACY SERVICES)
OFFICE: HOME OFFICE IN ONTARIO (WITH TRAVEL)
As a Pharmacy Specialist, you will use your extensive pharmacy experience to work with member stores on issues relating to pharmacy practice and patient care.
You will share best practices that support members to drive business growth and enhance professional practice.
The role will support the management, pharmacy services department and member pharmacies.
The successful applicant will work with Professional Services, Retail Operations and Business Development teams to support members adopting new operational and practice opportunities.
The successful applicant will participate on provincial pharmacy economic/government relations committee and work with provincial regulatory bodies as needed to help members navigate and comply with regulations.
- Provide support relating to best practices and 3rd-party drug plans … and assist with Preferred Pharmacy Networks enrollment.
- Provide education support resources and coaching to support members to expand scope of practice
- Be a subject matter expert and resource for members with respect to pharmacy automation and workflow
- Engage with pharmacy schools and alumni associations to assist with new graduate pharmacist recruitment
- Support members with long term care proposals and other business development activities
- Develop and manage RFP for LTC presentations
- University degree (Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy) or equivalent
- Licensed and in good standing with the Ontario College of Pharmacists (OCP)
- 5 – 7+ years’ retail pharmacy practice experience
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills
- Pharmacy software experience
- Health management consulting
- Extensive knowledge of Pharmacy Operations
- Valid Driver’s License
- Self-starter and able to lead and work independently
SALARY: $100,000 – $110,000 (based on experience) + BONUS
OTHER: vacation + medical benefits + RRSP + home office
NOTE: 40% travel
INTERESTED? There are 3 things Kelly needs from you;
- Please send your resume to Kelly Meadows at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Ensure the subject line of your email reads THE ‘ANNIE EDSON TAYLOR’ ROLE – #21K71-MTCHFBL
- In a short email … please tell Kelly how your experience fits what we’ve outlined above.