Growing up the son of Croatian immigrants, I assure you the Krpan Family were never considered early adopters when it came to anything – especially, technology!
As far as my father was concerned … I was a better option than anything Siri would eventually offer.
I guess you could say … I was the world’s first Channel Manager!
Let me explain … while we didn’t have many television channels to choose from in those days … my father would eventually grow tired of the one he was watching … so he would call out … “Mark … TV” … and I’d stop what I was doing … walk over … and turn the knob, until he nodded with approval.
Now … this wasn’t a big deal when I happened to be sitting on the couch beside him … but imagine my frustration when I was upstairs in my bedroom … and had to come downstairs to change the channel – just the same!
Hence … the World’s First Channel Manager.
What does this have to do with our current role?
Well … nothing really.
That said … while this is technically not a Channel Manager role … our client is looking for a Regional Account Executive to manage their Commercial Channel of relationships in Eastern Canada.
POSITION: REGIONAL ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE
REPORTS TO: DIRECTOR, SALES
TERRITORY: EASTERN CANADA (HOME OFFICE & 80% MONTREAL BASED)
Our client is a multi-national organization with one of the most recognized brands on the planet!
This role reports to the Director, Sales and is based from a home office in the Montreal area.
You will receive extensive training to become a Subject Matter Expert on the company’s offerings.
You’ll utilize this expertise to drive sales performance with the organization’s Commercial Distribution partners.
- Joint calls with Commercial Channel Partners to drive sales performance and achieve profitability goals
- Leverage sales resources to drive market intimacy and penetrate the account base
- Sales and marketing through distributor accounts with a key vertical market focus
- Execute sales coverage plans or programs
- Leverage distributor relationships to gain access to end user accounts
- Align appropriate resources to service key clientele
- Candidate must be perfectly bilingual (French and English)
- MUST HAVE: 5 – 10 years’ B2B or Industrial sales experience (hunting, farming, channel management)
- MUST HAVE: University Degree
- BIG PLUS: Sales experience in Commercial markets such as; Industrial, Healthcare, Government or Jan/San
- BIG PLUS: Experience selling through a channel (and the challenges and opportunities that come with that)
- Will consider a very strong B2B sales professional with intimate knowledge of the strategic sales process
BASE SALARY: $70,000 – $90,000
ON-TARGET VARIABLE: $25,000
ON-TARGET EARNINGS: $95,000 – $115,000 (uncapped + bonuses)
OTHER: car allowance + home office + benefits + some cool perks!
INTERESTED? Then there are 4 things I need from you;
- Please send your resume to Mark Krpan at email@example.com.
- Ensure the subject line of your email reads; THE ‘WORLD’S FIRST CHANNEL MANAGER’ ROLE – 9K71-MTCHFBL
- In a short email … please tell Mark how your experience fits what I’ve outlined above.
- Please include a link to your social media presence (LinkedIn etc …)