The phrase “the bee’s knees” gained popularity in the 1920’s.
Ever wonder where it came from?
Well … probably not … but even so, the truth is … no one really knows, for sure.
Some argue it has to do with the fact that as a bee travels from flower to flower and back to the hive … it carries pollen on its legs.
Naturally … the sweetness of that pollen is collected around their knees.
Others maintain it stems from the phrase ‘the Be all and End all’ … or, in short … “the B’s ‘n’ E’s” (say it fast … and it sounds like it).
In any event … while we may not know the origin … we do know it stands for something which is highly regarded.
What does this have to do with our latest role? Well … nothing really.
That said … our client is looking for a Nurse Practitioner in Hamilton … who is “the bee’s knee’s” and can help elevate their clinic to new heights!
POSITION: NURSE PRACTITIONER
LOCATION: HAMILTON, ONTARIO
In collaboration with the multidisciplinary healthcare team, the Nurse Practitioner will lead and support the clinic.
The Nurse practitioner will manage acute and chronic medical conditions, both physical and mental, through history and physical exam and the ordering of diagnostic tests and medical treatments.
This individual will also ensure patients have timely and efficient access to therapy.
This role is accountable for providing exceptional nursing care to meet the needs of the clinic, using primary care for patient-focused health care plans as the framework for care.
- Perform measurements and assessments, manage patient follow-ups and monitor response to therapy
- Manage patient intake, scheduling and facilitate patient access to medication/reimbursement
- Customize elements of health care plans
- Electronic medical record (EMR) keeping and maintenance
- Support physicians by providing patients with health education, disease and therapy information and counselling
- Address patients’ educational and motivational needs to support patient success in treatment programs
- Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing, and successful completion of the Ontario Primary HealthCare Nurse Practitioner Certificate Program in the Extended Class RN(EC)
- Good standing with a regulatory body in Ontario (College of Nurses of Ontario, Nurse Practitioner Association of Ontario)
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience as a NP (preferably in primary care)
- Current CPR and First Aid Certificates
- Excellent communication skills ability to work in a fast-paced clinic
- Must be flexible to work evenings and weekends, as necessary
HOURLY: $55.00 – $60.00 / PER HOUR
OTHER: medical benefits + vacation
INTERESTED & QUALIFIED? If so … there are 3 things Kelly needs from you;
- Please send your resume to Kelly Meadows at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Ensure the subject line of your email reads; THE ‘BEE’S KNEES’ ROLE – #31J71-MTCHFBL.
- In a BRIEF email … please tell Kelly how your experience and qualifications fit.