Long before the internet, television and radio ran our lives … the single source of information for most was the newspaper. And while we’ve all heard the saying “Extra! Extra! Read all about it” … most people don’t know how this phrase came to be.
You see … newspapers were published on a daily basis. And, there needed to be a deadline … so the publishers could send it to print.
Well … as we all know … the world has never turned based on publishing schedules.
There were often major events (for example … the death of a President or a declaration of war) that occurred – after the deadline had passed. In these urgent cases, newspapers would run an extra edition.
Paperboys would shout the phrase on street corners, to drum-up enthusiasm … and sell more papers!
So, what does this have to do with my new role? Well … nothing really.
That said, I’m working on an urgent role for my client … so … take a minute and have a quick read.
POSITION: SOFTWARE ENGINEER
OFFICE: HAMILTON, ONTARIO
INDUSTRY: INDUSTRIAL MANUFACTURING
For over 100 years … our client has been the global leader in the design, development and manufacture of arc welding products, welding systems, plasma and oxyfuel cutting equipment. Their solutions are utilized in structural steel, construction, oil & gas … as well as general fabrication markets, globally.
- Full cycle development using structured design methodologies (Agile)
- Perform functional testing against test script
- Engineer, develop, test and maintain Windows services and apps
- Diagnose, fix bugs and write unit tests to validate solution
- 5+ years’ experience with software development in C# (from scratch is preferred)
- Experience working in an Agile Environment
- Experience working with automated robotic equipment
- Strong knowledge of OOP, HMI and CAD applications used for customization
- Ability to design and code solutions from product requirements and internal design specifications
- Proficiency with Visual Studio development environment and TFS source/version control
SALARY: $70,000 – $90,000
Company is also able to work through incorporation
INTERESTED? There are 3 things Danielle needs from you;
- Please send your resume to Danielle Giannattasio at email@example.com.
- Ensure the subject line of your email reads THE ‘EXTRA, EXTRA’ ROLE – 26.J.71
- In a short email … please tell Danielle how your experience fits what we’ve outlined above.