One night in 1953 … Robert Kearns and his lovely bride were celebrating their wedding night.
But … what’s a wedding celebration without the popping of champagne!?!?!?
Milliseconds after one of the bottles was popped … the cork struck Robert … leaving him legally blind in his left eye!
To make matters worse … Robert would also go on to suffer from irregular blinking patterns.
Ten years later … as he was driving his car in a light rain … the continuous motion of his car’s wiper blades not only irritated his limited vision … but more importantly … sparked an idea that would ultimately result in millions of dollars in his bank account!
Inspired by the the human eye (which blinks every few seconds) … Kearns invented the intermittent windshield wiper – an idea that would eventually find its way into every vehicle across the globe.
What does this have to do with my current role? Well … nothing really.
That said … this role is pretty awesome … so it will be gone in the blink of an eye!
POSITION: SALES EXECUTIVE (ADVERTISING) (1 YEAR CONTRACT)
REPORTS TO: VP, SALES
TERRITORY: GTA (HOME BASED OFFICE)
INDUSTRY: ADVERTISING (OOH)
This is a 12-month contract role (covering a maternity leave).
My client does have the option of creating another territory … if this person ‘shoots the lights out’!
My client is a national retail media firm with a focus on creative, mass outreach advertising based on under-utilized consumer traffic data in grocery stores.
If you’re looking for a sales role with a suffocating, micro-management structure – this role is NOT for you.
This role requires someone with structured and disciplined sales success.
The company exudes a ‘fresh’ and liberating work structure.
Direction, support and training are abundant … apron strings … are not!
Based from a home office and reporting to the VP, you will be responsible for both business development (75%) and account management (25%) in the GTA.
To be successful, you will need to think “outside of the proverbial box” and formulate & deliver inspired solutions to delight your target client base.
I’m looking for a candidate that is exceptionally self-driven, hungry … and knows how to hustle! The hunter mentality is rewarded remarkably well at this organization.
- Working independently to aggressively hunt for new accounts across the GTA
- Build and maintain an active network of clients through strong account management by ensuring retention through providing tailor value-added solutions
- Full cycle sales process from prospecting through to closing … and post sales
- MUST HAVE: 3 to 5 years of B2B sales experience (hunting)
- MUST HAVE: University degree or equivalent education
- BIG PLUS: Experience in the media / advertising industry
- Must be inspired & hungry … and not need a fire lit beneath you to get down to business
- Must have strong entrepreneurial skills and the ability to work independently
BASE SALARY: $50,000 – $55,000
ON-TARGET VARIABLE: $30,000
ON-TARGET EARNINGS: $80,000 – $85,000 (uncapped)
OTHER: Home Office, Benefits
INTERESTED? Then there are 4 things I need from you;
- Please send your resume to Mark Krpan at email@example.com.
- Ensure the subject line of your email reads THE ‘BLINK’ ROLE – 20.J.71
- In a short email … please tell me how your experience fits what I’ve outlined above.
- Please include a link to your social media presence (LinkedIn etc …)