With our great country turning 150 years old this year … Match and Fable dubbed this role … The HAPPY BIRTHDAY CANADA role.
Now … truth be told … we briefly considered calling it ‘The Sesquicentennial’ … but that sounded like garbage!
Most people don’t know how Confederation in Canada actually came to be.
So … let Match and Fable drop a little knowledge on you.
Back in the 1860’s, the British colonies were facing a whack of political and economic challenges. To make a bad situation worse … Britain had supported the South in the American Civil War.
Needless to say, with the North emerging victorious … many Americans believed they should head northward and take over the British colonies (that would be us).
Since Britain was unwilling to assume the cost of defense … they encouraged the colonies to band together. The rationale was, the USA would be less inclined to attack a self-governed country than a bunch of small, British colonies.
What does this have to do with Match and Fable’s latest role? Nothing, really.
That said … our client is looking for a sales professional to focus on selling into government ministries.
Reporting to the VP, Sales, the Government AE will sell into the Provincial and Federal Government.
They will sell a complete suite of ‘cutting-edge’ solutions including; Lockers, Shelving and Storage.
Now … you may be scratching your head and wondering how Lockers, Shelving and Storage could possibly be considered ‘cutting-edge’.
Well, when you see the applications and ingenuity behind our client’s products … you’ll be pleasantly surprised!
POSITION: GOVERNMENT ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE
REPORTING TO: VICE-PRESIDENT SALES
OFFICE: HOME OFFICE (IN GTA)
INDUSTRY: STORAGE + DOCUMENT MANAGEMENT
TARGET MARKET: PROVINCIAL AND FEDERAL GOVERNMENT MINISTRIES
- Create and action a sales strategy to penetrate Provincial and Federal Government ministries to secure new business
- Maintain a high level of targeted sales activity – to build and maintain a robust pipeline
- Become an expert with respect to the company’s products and services
- Understand client needs, develop appropriate solutions and articulate via comprehensive project proposals
- Project Management – to ensure the successful and profitable completion of projects
- Work on RFPs and within the structure of selling to government agencies
- 5 – 7 years of full cycle, B2B sales experience … in a hunter role
- 3 – 5 years of experience selling into the government space (provincial and/or federal)
- Experience identifying, calling on and presenting to provincial and federal government bodies
- Strategic thinker with strong business acumen and elite level time management and communication skills
- Able to work with mathematical concepts (pricing, margins, costs, measurements, fractions, percentages)
BASE SALARY: $80,000 – $85,000
ON-TARGET VARIABLE: $50,000 (uncapped)
ON-TARGET EARNINGS (YEAR 1): $130,000 – $135,000
OTHER: benefits + car allowance
INTERESTED & QUALIFIED?
1st – Email your resume to Sabrina Galli at; email@example.com.
2nd – Ensure your subject line reads; THE ‘150’ ROLE – (14-J-17-MTCHFBL).
3rd – Don’t send a generic email … where you simply change the “Dear Insert Name” portion.
4th – Based on the job description … tell Sabrina specifically what makes you a fit for this role.